Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wildchic

wildchic

Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland Empty
PostSubject: Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland   Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Associated Press

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(AP) Elvis Presley's ex-wife Priscilla and their only daughter Lisa Marie stunned a crowd of thousands Wednesday night when they unexpectedly greeted fans who had flocked to Graceland for a candlelight vigil marking the 35th anniversary of the singer's death.

The vigil began Wednesday night after Priscilla Presley and her daughter made the unscheduled and impromptu appearance on a stage set up just inside the walls of Graceland, Elvis' Memphis mansion. Together they briefly thanked the crowd for their undying admiration of the rock 'n' roll icon.
It was the first time both women had appeared together at the annual gathering, which became an official event in 1980.
Priscilla said the sight of thousands of fans holding up candles in tribute to Elvis was amazing.

"This is something that Elvis would never, ever have believed could have taken place here," said the actress and businesswoman, who was divorced from Elvis Presley in 1973.
Lisa Marie Presley, on the stage alongside her mother, told the fans she loved them for their devotion to her father. She also acknowledged she had shied away from making public appearances at past anniversary vigils.

"I've always avoided this because I feltthat itwould be too emotional, but I really felt it was important to come down here tonight," the singer's daughter, herself a singer-songwriter, told the crowd. "I love you very, very, very much."
Elvis admirers from around the United States and the globe have flocked each anniversary to Graceland, where the singer, a native of Tupelo, Miss., is buried. Presley died on Aug. 16, 1977, from a heart attack after battling prescription drug abuse. His abrupt death at 42 shocked legions of fans still mesmerized today by his singing, sex appeal and on-stage charisma.

The vigil, which runs through Thursday morning, marked the high point of Elvis Week, the annual celebration of Presley's life and career. Organizers said about 75,000 people were expected by authorities to take part in the vigil.
Those who participated in the procession moved up the tree-lined driveway to the right of the mansion, where the gravesite is located near a swimming pool. Heart-shaped wreaths made of red and white flowers lined the entrance to the site.

Mourners walked slowly through the tomb area, the candlelight casting shadowy figures against a stone wall.
Some teary-eyed mourners laid flowers on the gravesite, where Presley's father Vernon, mother Gladys, and grandmother Minnie Mae Hood Presley also are buried.

Outside, some fans used chalk to draw pictures of Elvis's face on the street, where groups of fans set up folding chairs to wait for the line to die down.
Sergio Galleguillo, of Santa Cruz, Argentina, said he became emotional when he walked past the graves.

"I felt the spirit of Elvis there, as if he was alive," said Galleguillo, who was making his first visit to the United States. "It really was a beautiful experience."
The somber atmosphere of the vigil was in contrast to some lighter moments beforehand.

As the line of people waiting to get into Graceland grew longer Wednesday evening, a group from a Brazilian fan club waved that nation's flag, danced and sang Presley's early-70s hit "Burning Love" in the street in front of the entrance.
Steps away, an Elvis impersonator, complete with a white-sequined jumpsuit and red sash, sat alone in the street in front of the entrance, lip synching "In the Ghetto."

Earlier in the day, Cheryl Skogen and friend Susan Struss held up black umbrellas with polka dots near the front of the line as they waited to enter Graceland's grounds. As longtime Elvis fans and neighbors in Los Angeles, they said they decided to come to Elvis Week without their husbands. They got up well before dawn Wednesday for a prime spot in the line.

Skogen said she first came to Graceland in 1981 before the home became a museum and a tourist attraction and has visited several times since. She remembers first seeing Elvis on "The Ed Sullivan Show" and being enthralled with his hip-swiveling performance at a Lack Tahoe concert.
"The first time I saw him he changed my life," said Skogen, now 66 and retired. "I had never seen anybody dance like he did or sing like he did or look like he did. He captured my heart."

A few spots down the line, Allen Black, 47, sat in a blue and white chair alongside the outer wall of Graceland. Black who is from Aurora, Colo., scene of the July 20 movie theatre shooting massacre said Elvis was a great performer but also someone who treated others well.
He talked about his memories of where he was when he first heard Elvis had died. He was 12 at the time.

"I was trying to record a song off the radio, and the news came on the radio, and I went to tell my dad," Black said, tears welling in his eyes. "He didn't believe me. It just stunned him."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
wildchic

wildchic

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland   Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Elvis Presley 'would have been amazed' by tributes, says Priscilla

Priscilla Presley and daughter Lisa Marie join thousands of fans for candlelight vigil to mark the 35th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley.

Elvis Presley's ex-wife Priscilla paid an emotional tribute to the singer at a special candlelight vigil last night to mark the 35th anniversary of his death.
Priscilla Presley and Elvis's only daughter Lisa Marie surprised a crowd of thousands when they unexpectedly greeted fans who had flocked to Elvis' Memphis mansion Graceland for the vigil. Presley died at the age of 42 from a heart attack on Tuesday August 16th 1977.
It was the first time both women had appeared together at the annual gathering, which became an official event in 1980.
Priscilla, the actress who was divorced from Elvis Presley in 1973, said she was moved by the sight of thousands of fans holding up candles, adding: "This is something that Elvis would never, ever have believed could have taken place here."

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland   Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Fans flock to Graceland in memory of Elvis Presley
Sapa-AFP | 15 agosto, 2012 09:20

Organizers of the annual Elvis Week expect this year's edition to be the largest ever, with his widow Priscilla and daughter Lisa Marie Presley participating.

"Elvis is fan-driven," said Joe Guercio, Presley's musical director from 1970 until the star's sudden death on August 16, 1977 at the age of 42, "and there are not a lot of people (in show business) who are fan-driven."

Actually nine days long, Elvis Week started in Memphis last Friday, centered around a 1,200-seat air conditioned tent across Elvis Presley Boulevard from Graceland and next to the preserved remains of the singer's private jet.

Highlights include an all-night candlelight vigil Wednesday at Graceland's gates, where fans this year will have the option of lighting real wax candles or switching on virtual candles on a special Elvis Week smartphone app.

Tomorrow, a concert at a downtown stadium, featuring Priscilla and Lisa Marie, as well as surviving members of Presley's band, will review the legend's roots in blues, gospel and country music.

Folded into Elvis Week is the sixth annual Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest, never, ever call them impersonators, with contestants from as far afield as Australia and Japan.

"I always look like this, minus some of the make up, but the hair is always the same, sideburns and everything," immaculately coifed Rick Huntress, an award-winning Elvis tribute artist from New England, said.

Yesterday saw hundreds of Elvis fan club presidents get the lowdown from Elvis Presley Enterprises, which closely oversees the rights to Presley's posthumous image, on his enduring legacy in film, commercials and merchandising.

Good-humored boos filled the Elvis Week Main Stage tent when Carol Butler, vice president for international licensing, revealed a Mr Potato Head character resembling Presley in his "Aloha from Hawaii" period.

Much more of a crowd-pleaser, it was greeted with cheers, was a Canadian-made suitcase emblazoned with an airbrushed portrait of Presley. "It's really nice," said Butler, who listed its price at $100.

And in a cross-cultural fusion of pop culture icons, Butler lifted the wraps off a forthcoming Elvis version of Japan's Hello Kitty doll. "We just love it," she said. "She's just cute in her little Elvis duds."

In another part of Memphis, Presley artifacts went under an auctioneer's hammer, including an empty plastic bottle of tetracycline, an antibiotic, prescribed to Presley in 1974. It sold for $5,500.

A pair of yellow-tinted sunglasses, custom-made in Germany for the singer, sold for $22,500 while a gold Longines watch, a gift from his manager Colonel Tom Parker, realized $16,250, Heritage Auctions said.

But the auction's marquee item, a concert poster from 1954 estimated at $30,000, failed to find a buyer.

It had been hand-made for a gig that Presley gave near Memphis just a few months after he released his first hit single "That's All Right."

Other memorabilia that did sell included a Colt Python double-action revolver that Presley used for target practice in the backyard of Graceland. It went for $13,750.

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland   Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:57 pm

Fans cheer as Elvis' ex-wife, daughter join tribute

MEMPHIS, Tennessee: Fans of Elvis Presley cheered as the singer's daughter and ex-wife appeared publicly at Graceland on Wednesday to thank them for their loyalty, 35 years after the music legend's death.

Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley spoke for little more than a minute at the gates of the mansion at the start of an all-night candlelight vigil in memory of the king of rock 'n' roll's sudden death in 1977, at the age of 42.

"Lisa and myself want to thank you so very much for being here and supporting Elvis. You come every year and this is our appreciation to you for making this happen," said Priscilla, 67.

Lisa Marie, 44, said: "I've always avoided this because I thought it would be too emotional but I really felt it was important to come down here tonight and be with you.

"We love you. I love you very, very much and I am honored to see you here and we're grateful that you are in our lives and we're really happy to be part of this tonight with you."

Priscilla, looking over a sea of candles across the six-lane Elvis Presley Boulevard, added: "I know this is something Elvis would never ever would have believed would have taken place here."

The gates of Graceland, the 23-room home where Elvis is buried alongside his parents in a meditation garden alongside a small swimming pool, remained open all night to a steady stream of well-wishers.

Elvis and Priscilla Presley divorced in 1973 after six years of marriage, but they remained close until his death and she played a key role in turning Graceland into a major tourist attraction.

Their daughter Lisa Marie, whose four husbands notably included Michael Jackson from 1994 to 1996, is a singer-songwriter who released her first album in seven years, "Storm and Grace," earlier this year.

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland   Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Wife and daughter greet Elvis fans
(UKPA) – 11 hours ago
Elvis Presley's ex-wife Priscilla and their only daughter Lisa Marie have stunned thousands of fans who had flocked to Graceland for a candlelight vigil marking the 35th anniversary of the singer's death.
Priscilla Presley and her daughter made the unscheduled appearance on a stage set up just inside the walls of the mansion in Memphis, Tennessee, as thousands with candles were about to enter the grounds of Elvis' home and last resting place to honour the "King".
The two women thanked the crowd for their undying admiration of the rock 'n' roll icon. During the brief remarks, Priscilla called the sight of thousands of candles amazing, adding: "This is something that Elvis would never ever have believed could have taken place here."
Lisa Marie, standing beside her mother, told the fans she loved them for their devotion to her father. She also acknowledged she had shied away from making public appearances at past anniversary vigils for fear of being overwhelmed by the mood.
"I've always avoided this because I felt that it would be too emotional, but I really felt it was important to come down here tonight. I love you very very very much," the singer's daughter told the crowd.
They spoke just before a long line of fans, many who had camped outside for hours, were allowed to file past the Elvis Presley grave site on the grounds of the mansion and tourist attraction.
This was the first time both women have appeared together at the annual candlelight vigil, a tradition dating to the early 1980s. Elvis admirers from around the United States and the world have flocked each August anniversary to Graceland, where the singer is buried.
Presley died on August 16 1977 from a heart attack after battling prescription drug abuse. His abrupt death at 42 shocked legions of fans and many today are still mesmerised by his singing, sex appeal and on-stage charisma.
The vigil marked the high point of Elvis Week, the annual celebration of Presley's life and career. Organisers have said they expect 75,000 people to attend Elvis Week, with many taking part in the overnight vigil.
This year also brings another highlight with a 35th-anniversary tribute concert planned at an area arena. Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley are expected to attend the concert that is to feature live musicians playing along with videotaped footage of Elvis singing.

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland   Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Fans in Memphis mark 35 years since Elvis left the bulding

By Robert MacPherson (AFP) – 10 hours ago
MEMPHIS, Tennessee — Hardcore fans of Elvis Presley marked the 35th anniversary of his death Thursday after cheering his ex-wife and daughter who thanked them for their enduring love of the king of rock 'n' roll.

Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley spoke for little more than a minute at the start of an all-night candlelight vigil the night before at Graceland, the mansion where Presley died suddenly on August 16, 1977 at the age of 42.

But it was enough to thrill the tens of thousands of mainly older but passionately dedicated crowd that filled the six-lane Elvis Presley Boulevard awaiting their turn to file up the driveway to pay respect to their idol.

"I know this is something Elvis would never ever have believed would have taken place here," said Priscilla, in a white suit, looking out over a sea of candles across all six lanes of Elvis Presley Boulevard.

"You know this: he loved his fans, and this is proof that you love him... We thank you very, very much for all that you do to keep his legacy going on and on and on," she said.
Lisa Marie, 44, who opted for a dark outfit, said: ""I've always avoided this because I thought it would be too emotional but I really felt it was important to come down here tonight and be with you.

"We love you. I love you very, very much and I am honored to see you here and we're grateful that you are in our lives and we're really happy to be part of this tonight with you."

The music-themed gates of Graceland, where Elvis is buried with his parents amid statues of Jesus Christ in a small "meditation garden" next to a swimming pool, stayed open all night to a steady stream of candle-bearing well-wishers.
Police, scanning the scene from a helicopter, estimated the night's overall turnout at 75,000 -- on a par with the record number that participated at the 30th death anniversary vigil.

"There are lot of folks who don't come until after the vigil starts," Graceland spokesman Kevin Kern told AFP. "We have folks who trickle in throughout the night and it continues well into the next morning."

Events lined up for Thursday include a meet-and-greet with contestants in the sixth annual Elvis Presley tribute artists' competition and a stadium concert saluting the blues and gospel music that shaped Presley's repertoire.
In what has become a yearly ritual of near-religious proportions, Wednesday's vigil included a brief moment of silence, plus several of Presley's more spiritual recordings, played over loudspeakers.

Elvis and Priscilla Presley divorced in 1973 after six years of marriage, but they remained close and, after his death, she played a pivotal role in turning Graceland into a major tourist attraction.
Their daughter Lisa Marie, whose four husbands notably included Michael Jackson from 1994 to 1996, is a singer-songwriter who released her first album in seven years, "Storm and Grace," earlier this year.

The candlelight vigil is a high point of the nine-day "Elvis Week."
"We tell people, if you haven't come to Elvis Week, you won't ever understand why we're here," said Janet Mathis, a community college administrator from Texas, as she waited her turn to enter Graceland.

"Everybody (here) has the same ideology, basically," added her retired husband Warren Mathis. "We're here to pay tribute to Elvis and to be part of something that's ongoing."
Memphis natives Barbara Humphreys and Marynelle Vickers turned up with T-shirts bearing snapshots from the day in August 1961 when they went to Graceland and met Presley in person.

They agreed that no pop star today can compare to Presley -- not even teen idol Justin Bieber. "I can assure you," Vickers said, "when he (Bieber) is gone, there will never be people standing in line like this."

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland   Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:02 pm

Elvis Presley death marked by Priscilla, Lisa Marie, fans

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Thousands of devotees converged on Graceland to mark the 35th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death and got a surprise welcome from the King's former wife and daughter, the first time Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley have appeared together at the annual gathering.
The two women appeared on an elevated stage in front of the crowd Wednesday night, the eve of the Aug. 16 date when the rock and roll icon died at home in 1977 from a heart attack after battling prescription drug abuse.
Fans held up lit candles, illuminating their faces in orange light as they stood in the street outside the gates of Graceland, Elvis' longtime home and his burial place.
"You should see this from our point of view. It's amazing," Priscilla Presley said, standing alongside Lisa Marie. "The candles are lit. It's truly a sight to behold."
The two women stunned the crowd with their unexpected appearance. It was the first time both of them had appeared together at the annual gathering.
Later, fans who participated in the vigil moved up the tree-lined driveway to the right of the mansion, where the gravesite is located near a swimming pool. Heart-shaped wreaths made of red and white flowers lined the entrance to the site.
Mourners walked slowly through the tomb area, their candlelight casting shadowy figures against a stone wall.
Some teary-eyed fans laid flowers on the gravesite, where Presley's father Vernon, mother Gladys, and grandmother Minnie Mae Hood Presley also are buried.
"This is something that Elvis would never, ever have believed could have taken place here," she said.
Elvis admirers from around the United States and the globe have flocked each anniversary to Graceland to celebrate his life and career. His abrupt death at 42 shocked legions of fans still mesmerized today by his singing, sex appeal and on-stage charisma.
The vigil, which was set to run through Thursday morning, marked the high point of Elvis Week, an annual celebration of Presley's life and career. Organizers said about 75,000 people were expected by authorities to take part in the vigil.
Lisa Marie Presley told the fans she loved them for their devotion to her father. She also acknowledged she had shied away from making public appearances at past anniversary vigils.
"I've always avoided this because I felt that it would be too emotional, but I really felt it was important to come down here tonight," the singer's daughter told the crowd. "I love you very, very, very much."
Outside, some fans used chalk to draw pictures of Elvis's face on the street, where groups of fans set up folding chairs to wait for the line to die down.
Sergio Galleguillo, of Santa Cruz, Argentina, said he became emotional when he walked past the graves.
"I felt the spirit of Elvis there, as if he was alive," said Galleguillo, who was making his first visit to the United States. "It really was a beautiful experience."
Earlier Wednesday, a group from a Brazilian fan club waved that nation's flag, danced and sang Presley's early-70s hit "Burning Love" in the street in front of the entrance.
Steps away, an Elvis impersonator, complete with a white-sequined jumpsuit and red sash, sat alone in the street in front of the entrance, lip synching "In the Ghetto."
Many fans set up chairs along Graceland's outer wall starting early Wednesday morning, eager to get a good spot in line for the vigil.
Allen Black, 47, braved the scorching afternoon sun as he sat alongside the outer wall of Graceland. Black — who is from Aurora, Colo., scene of the July 20 movie theatre shooting massacre — said Elvis was a great performer but also someone who treated others well.
"For some people, it's the music, but for a lot of people, it's the man, the charisma, the humanitarian," Black said. "At first, they probably got drawn in by the music, and then the more they learn about the man, and the way he treated people, it draws them in even more."

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland   Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Priscilla, Lisa Marie Presley remember Elvis, reveal his fear he'd be forgotten
By Ree Hines, TODAY contributor

Elvis Presley will never be forgotten. If his continued record sales and pop culture icon status don't prove that, then the thousands of fans who flock to his Graceland home to honor him each year do. But there was a time when some thought he would fade away, and the King of Rock 'n' Roll was one of them.

This year, as more fans than usual gathered to celebrate Elvis on the 35th anniversary of his death, his former wife, Priscilla, and their daughter, Lisa Marie, spoke to TODAY's Natalie Morales about the unexpected impact the legend had.

"I mean, when we opened (Graceland) in '82, we had no idea that we'd, you know, (we knew) we'd have some visitors, but not to this extent," Priscilla revealed. "I was told Elvis passed and that, you know, will be forgotten in the next couple of years -- life goes on. Thank God I didn't listen to any of those people."
Instead, she and Lisa Marie just listened to Elvis' faithful fans, who consider Graceland a sacred spot.

"I'm always really happy when I'm here," Lisa Marie, who was just 9 when her father died, explained of the massive and meaningful house. "It always reminds me of when I was the happiest, I think, in my life. It always just brings me back there when I come back."
According to Priscilla, part of what makes Graceland so special, is that Elvis' presence remains there.

"This was so much a part of him, this home," she said. "He loved this home. He always came back here no matter what. His presence is just all around, going into each room."
She believes that's what draws fans to the home, and it's his enduring presence everywhere else that makes him so unforgettable.

"That's the force of Elvis," Priscilla insisted. "I remember Elvis saying that he didn't really know if he gave up singing, if he did want to retire, he felt that people would forget him. And to see this every year? It's like, 'Oh my gosh, you were wrong. Look at this! Look what you do every year. Look who you bring.' It brings a smile to my face, because … if he only knew."

According to the Memphis Police Department, approximately 75,000 people participated in Wednesday night's candlelight vigil at Graceland.

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland   Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 pm

Elvis fans cheer Priscilla and Lisa Marie16:30 AEST Thu Aug 16 2012

More entertainment news: Myer showcases a feminine, flowing lookAlice Cooper gives performance at musicalFake luxury shoes stopped in their tracksShire stars 'not the victims' in brawlJackson's dad drops wrongful death lawsuitKim Kardashian divorce hearingScience fiction writer Harry Harrison diesPolice pair win Amazing RaceThe Shire star hurt in shopping centre fightCrow granted three-year restraining order
Fans of Elvis Presley have cheered as the singer's daughter and ex-wife appeared publicly at Graceland to thank them for their loyalty, 35 years after the music legend's death.

Priscilla and Lisa Marie Presley spoke for little more than a minute at the gates of the mansion on Wednesday at the start of an all-night candlelight vigil in memory of the king of rock 'n' roll's sudden death in 1977, at the age of 42.

"Lisa and myself want to thank you so very much for being here and supporting Elvis. You come every year and this is our appreciation to you for making this happen," said Priscilla, 67.

Lisa Marie, 44, said: "I've always avoided this because I thought it would be too emotional but I really felt it was important to come down here tonight and be with you.

"We love you. I love you very, very much and I am honoured to see you here and we're grateful that you are in our lives and we're really happy to be part of this tonight with you."

Priscilla, looking over a sea of candles across the six-lane Elvis Presley Boulevard, added: "I know this is something Elvis would never ever would have believed would have taken place here."

The gates of Graceland, where Elvis is buried alongside his parents in a meditation garden, remained open all night to a steady stream of well-wishers.

Elvis and Priscilla Presley divorced in 1973 after six years of marriage, but they remained close until his death. She played a key role in turning Graceland into a major tourist attraction.

Their daughter, Lisa Marie, whose four husbands notably included Michael Jackson from 1994 to 1996, is a singer-songwriter who released her first album in seven years, Storm and Grace, earlier this year.

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland   Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:02 am

Lisa Marie Presley to Debut Collaboration With Father During Elvis Week in Memphis

All Shook Up: Elvis Presley's Granddaughter Riley Keough Is Having a Moment
In honor of the 35th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death, she will debut a new collaboration with the King of Rock 'n' Roll at Thursday night's tribute concert at the FedExForum in downtown Memphis. While the song she chose is being kept under wraps -- Presley wants it to be a surprise for fans at the show -- the singer did reveal that it was produced by Grammy and Oscar winner T-Bone Burnett.

PHOTOS: Elvis Presley: A Look at His Life and Career in Pictures
"Every five years, I try to do a special tribute," Presley told The Hollywood Reporter. (Her last tribute was a "duet" with Elvis of "In the Ghetto," released in 2007. Proceeds from the single went toward plans to build the Presley Place Transitional Housing Campus in New Orleans, where the video was shot.)

She added that she sought Burnett's advice this time around.
"He found this sweet, amazing song off [Elvis'] first record, and we went into the studio and harmonized a little bit," she said. "For me, it was important this year to do something where it wasn't about me singing or a duet. I just wanted it to be something really sweet."
PHOTOS: All Shook Up: Elvis Presley's Granddaughter Riley Keough Is Having a Moment
To accompany the recording, Presley has also created a video that will be shown at the concert.

"It's very intimate," Presley said. "It was important for me to show that he's carrying on through me and my children."
Presley's mom, Priscilla, is also among those scheduled to take part in the concert, which is one of numerous events being held in conjunction with Elvis Week 2012. Organizers are expecting this year's edition to be the biggest ever. Both Presleys are also scheduled to take part in a panel discussion Friday at Graceland about what went on behind the scenes of Elvis' touring productions.
Presley said she is heartened by all the love still shown for her father.
"It's touching and moving and to see it still going on, in this way, makes me very happy," she said.

STORY: Lisa Marie Presley to Release New Album, Her First in Five Years
Meanwhile, Presley also is set to make her debut at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville on Tuesday, performing songs from her new album, Storm & Grace, which also was produced by Burnett, whom she calls a "father figure." The Americana-tinged album, her third, marks a new direction for Presley and has received many positive reviews.
"I feel like it's like you're trying on different outfits while finding your way, and this is the one I'm most comfortable with," she said of the genre. "I switched genres, and it was a bit shocking for people. ... But this is the one that feels most like me."
Of her appearance at the Grand Ole Opry -- where her father performed in 1954 -- Presley admitted that she's a little nervous.

STORY: Lisa Marie Presley Opens New Elvis Exhibit
"It's nerveracking," she said. "I'm nervous about it. There is so much history, and obviously I am really proud and honored to be able to do this."
After that, Presley is headed to Europe to promote the new album and is gearing up for a U.S. tour in the fall.

wildchic

PostSubject: Inside Elvis Presley's World: Behind the Scenes at Graceland, Sun Studio and More    Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 am

Inside Elvis Presley's World: Behind the Scenes at Graceland, Sun Studio and More

It's Elvis Week at Graceland, and photographer Joseph Llanes is traveling through Memphis with family members Lisa Marie Presley and Priscilla Presley. In this collection of images, he gets exclusive behind the scenes access at one of the most famous abodes, shooting intimate images of Lisa Marie and Priscilla at Elvis' former house, the famed Sun Studio and more locations frequented by the King himself.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland   Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland Empty

Back to top Go down

Elvis' ex-wife, daughter greet fans at Graceland
Page 1 of 1