Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 6th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Admin
Admin

PostSubject: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“We slept in the Sony studios in New York for two weeks straight on couches, and we didn’t go to no hotel, no apartments, no nothing. We just slept on couches and worked. It get kinda smelly at a times, but that’s what it’s about. That’s how you get that fever, that feeling of heat that makes you want to create more because you’re not leaving the studio. So instead of you working from 10 to eight and then stopping and going home sleeping, we may wake up at three in the morning and say, ‘Let’s do a part.’”…”I remember one time, he was like, “Let’s start from scratch…I think we can beat everything we did.” That was his perfectionist side. I was like “Man, we been working for a year, we gone scrap everything?!” But it showed how hard he goes.”

~ Rodney Jerkins

http://lisamarieandmichael.forosactivos.net
Scarlet Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:49 pm

“I asked him up in Denver, ‘Do you work out?’ and he said ‘No, I should, shouldn’t I?’ He was really guilty about it. I said, ‘Hey, whatever you’re doing is working”. He was so much fun to be around. It wasn’t all darkness. We’d laugh so much. He had a great sense of humor, loved practical jokes….We’d be walking along and he’d break out into song. But not like Michael Jackson. He would sing like it was a man in the shower, just singing. I hated to see that joy go out of his life because he was a very joyful person. He was a happy person and just great fun to be around. […] [When I first met him,], he had a red corduroy shirt and black pants on and loafers that were kind of broken down in back. That’s the way he dressed most of the time when I knew him. When he wasn’t in public. He lived so simply. Michael never wore any jewelry, no rings, no belts, no watches, nothing, ever. The only time he wore those things were onstage. I was just so impressed with how simply he lived.”

“I spent a lot of time with him during that time, especially after that 2003 thing, and he couldn’t sleep. Michael usually tried to turn in around 11 o’clock and sometimes he’d fall asleep, but even if he did, he’d wake up again and so he’d always ask me, ‘Is it okay if I wake you up?’ and I said ‘Hell, yeah, come bang on my door,” which he would do, and then he would always worry. He said, ‘Oh, you’re not getting any sleep,’ and I said ‘Well, if I’m too tired, I’ll go grab a nap in the afternoon.’ We’d just hang out like that in the middle of the night until morning came.”

David Nordahl

Scarlet Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Michael spoiled his friend Liz Taylor often with expensive jewelry and other gifts. Here Liz has been given a beautiful bag by Michael for her birthday and tells the story of the Elephant Bag ~ 'A year or two ago, Michael and I and a couple other friends decided to go to Las Vegas for my birthday. We stayed at the incredibly beautiful Bellagio, where we had dinner and watched the fountains. The whole thing was just perfect for me because I've grown tired of big-deal birthdays. At one point, I turned to Michael and said, 'All right, where's my present?' Well he looked at the ground, he looked around the room, he looked at our friend Arnie Klein, but he didn't really say anything. So I said, 'Michael, I know they have great jewelry shops in the lobby. I can't believe you haven't noticed.' Michael and Arnie start giggling. I continued, 'This is really breaking my heart, Michael. I'm not sure I can go on.' You know, I was really hamming it up. Finally, Michael and Arnie excused themselves and returned to the table some time later with a perfectly interesting-sized box., Any box can be interesting to me! I opened it and inside was some weird padded black wrapping, protecting the most exquisite titanium elephant evening bag. A saddle of rubies and pearls was dangling from its backside, and the dear little creature had huge diamond eyes.

'Michael! Michael! I was just kidding around!" I mean, this was the most unusual thing I'd ever seen. I was playing with the long dangling pearls, in part because I was so happy and because I was a little embarassed that he had actually gone and gotten me something this amazing. But Michael and I do kid around a lot, and I knew I hadn't really overstepped my place in our relationship.'

'When I got home, there in my front hall was a huge box, tied with a red ribbon., It was my real birthday present from Michael, the one had planned to give me all along - one of those superflat TV sets. Truly, the biggest one I've ever seen. I was in innocent in all of this, the most happy innocent. And Michael played it totally straight.'

'Years before, soon after Larry Fortensky and I got married at Michael's Neverland Valley Ranch, I couldn't think of what to give Michael to show my undying thanks. He rarely invites anyone to Neverland, and this was the first time, which was so generous, such a glamorous compliment to our friendship. I had been trying to think of a truly meaningful way to thank him. Then I got an idea: Michael has a zoo. I'll get him an elephant! That clinched it. I got him a great big Asian elephant named Gypsy. I guess you could say we exchanged elephants."

wildchic

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:52 am

Back Row: Craig, Andrew Scheps, Rob Hoffman, Brad Sundberg, Matt Forger

Front Row: Bruce Swedien, The Glove, Eddie Delena

“I was fortunate enough to work with MJ early in my career. He was an incredible artist. Talented beyond your wildest dreams. Extremely generous, and a hard worker. I actually went from a staff assistant at the Hit Factory in NYC to freelance engineer under Swedien and MJ. They were due to start in Los Angeles when the Northridge earthquake hit so they moved to New York. One room was all Bruce, the second room was the writing room. I started assisting Bruce’s writing partner Rene Moore. I would track stuff with Rene, and Bruce would come in and tell me what I did wrong, sit in for a few hours and set us straight.

After a couple months MJ arrived and the entire tour rig was moved in along with Brad Buxer, Andrew Scheps, and Eddie Delena. I continued to assist them until the whole crew moved to L.A., they decided to take me with them. I would assist Bruce during the day, and help out every where else at night – assisting, engineering, programming, and on one song playing guitar. We had two rooms at Record One, and two rooms at Larrabee where I met John. At one point in NYC we had just about every room at the Hit Factory. The crew was great, and I learned so much from all of them. I learned to engineer from Bruce Swedien, John, and Eddie, and got to sit in with producers like MJ, Jam And Lewis, Babyface, David Foster, Teddy Riley, and Dallas Austin.

I was actually asked to leave the project early on because there were too many people around and MJ didn’t know me. Luckily, I was rehired about 10 days later. At the wrap party MJ apologized profusely, and expressed his gratitude. Truly the most sincere man you will ever meet.”

Rob Hoffman
Back to top Go down
wildchic

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:37 am

''Some of the best times I spent with Michael were just sitting on a bench at Disneyland’s “Main Street.” We would just sit there and people watch. Sometimes Michael would be in a getup so people wouldn’t recognize him – but they always did. When he was in a bad mood or a little down, I’d just say “Michael, the bench,” and that would bring him out of it. If I knew he wanted to have fun, or just get away, I’d say “let’s go to the bench,” and we were gone.

Of course, Michael Jackson in a public place like Disneyland was bound to draw crowds, and sometimes we would have park security with us. But they weren’t there to protect Michael, they were there to protect the crowds. He was never really concerned about himself, but that someone would get hurt in the crush of people that wanted to see him. People would just go crazy when they saw Michael Jackson.''

Miko Brando, Larry King Live, June 29, 2009
Back to top Go down
wildchic

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:59 am

“Michael is so professional, so wonderful to work with and doing vocals with Michael is an absolute joy. He’s got ears for…the pitch and everything. Michael is polite and kind. You know, he’ll say: “Can I hear a little more piano in the earphones please?”. And he’ll say thank you. This is an industry where you don’t hear those words a whole lot…I’ve never ran into anybody that works with Michael and doesn’t regard it as a pleasant experience, it’s just great…And another thing I’ve learned with recording Michael is I’ll set up the vocal mike and I’ll have Michael perform singing on my drum platform which is an eight foot square plywood platform about eight inches off the floor…one reason is that he dances when he sings and I love to have that as part of the sound because, first of all his time and his rhythm is impeccable, even when I do backgrounds Michael does little vocal sounds and snaps his fingers and taps his foot”

Bruce Swedien
Back to top Go down
wildchic

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:05 am

Michael Jakcson and Patti Boulaye at Uri Geller’s Wedding in March 2001.

“When we met at Uri Geller’s wedding that was the first time Michael began to tease me about looking like Diana Ross. He’d turn around and look at me in that naughty way and sing “Ain’t no mountain high enough.” And I’d go, “Michael!” He’d just laugh and giggle and go, “Patti, you look just like Diana – there must be a throwback! She must come from your family.” I said “I don’t think so!” There was this kind of energy and it was Michael’s energy. Nobody else – the only person I’ve come across with that kind of effect was the Pope, really.”

Patti Boulaye
Back to top Go down
wildchic

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:18 am

''About 10 years ago I had the privilege of having dinner with the “king of pop” Michael Jackson. The dinner took place at the home of our close friend’s Al and Nancy Malnik. Michael was such a sweet guy and for some reason fell in love with the Dolce and Gabbana pants I was wearing. He asked me if he can try them on. Of course I was not going to deny the king of pop, so I immediately went to the bathroom and exchanged pants. Michael was so happy and excited about the pants that he kept them! In the picture shown above, Michael is wearing my pants and I’m wearing his pants.''

Source : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
wildchic

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:23 am

“Then you work with a guy like Michael Jackson who when he was late, he was supposed to be in the studio at twelve and he showed up about quarter to one. He felt so terrible for being late he apologized the whole session. The next day he sent a big giant basket because we’re talking about movies and how much I love movies. So he sent me this giant basket….Oh my goodness, it probably had 100 DVDs. It had popcorn, candy, all kinds of books and movie trivia, all kinds of stuff. Again the card said, ‘I’m very sorry for not respecting your time.”….I would say Mike, what time do you want to start tomorrow? He said, ‘Cory, you’re the boss. You tell me what time. If you want me here seven in the morning, I will be here at seven in the morning.’ He said, ‘You are the boss. Whatever you tell me.’”

Cory Rooney
Back to top Go down
wildchic

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:38 am

Teddy Lakis

''Teddy Lakis was the assistant of Marcel Avram,whose Mama Concerts Agency managed Michael’s appearances for some years.He is from Munich. Michael met Teddy in 1993, during the Dangerous Tour. Michael began asking Teddy to accompany him and translate for him while out shopping or sightseeing.A friendship developed. Teddy was Michael’s personal guest during the HIStory Tour. Teddy often informed fans about Michael’s plans; when Michael was due to leave a hotel, or drive to a stadium, or when and where he went shopping. Michael was reserved and shy.Presents and letters from fans made him happy. He read almost all letters from fans. Michael saw to it that practically everything was brought to Los Angeles. Except for flowers, because they wilted. Michael gave away many of the items he bought while on the road. When Teddy and Michael were out shopping, the fans were often the topic of their conversation. During the HIStory Tour in Budapest Michael went shopping. He was in a record store. Suddenly there was a loud noise. Many fans outside had leaned agaist the display window and the glass had broken. Security hurried Michael back to the car. But Michael didn’t want to get in. He kept asking if anyone was injured. He climbed up on the roof of the car. He kept shouting: “Is anyone hurt?” Michael agreed to return to the hotel only after being convinced that no one was injured.''
Back to top Go down
wildchic

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:44 am

I know a wise little girl who cannot walk. She is confined to a wheelchair, and she may spend the rest of her life there, since her doctors hold out almost no hope of ever making her paralyzed legs better.

When I first met this little girl, she flashed me a smile that burned me with its blazing happiness. How open she was! She wasn’t hiding out from self-pity or asking for approval or protecting herself from a sense of shame. She felt completely innocent about not being able to walk, like a puppy that has no idea if it is a mongrel or a champion of the breed.

She made no judgments about herself. That was her wisdom.

I have seen the same wise look in other children, “poor” children as society sees them, because they lack food, money, secure homes, or healthy bodies. By the time they reach a certain age, many of these children grasp just how bad their situation is. The way that adults look at their lives robs them of that first innocence that is so precious and rare. They begin to believe that they should feel bad about themselves; that this is “right.”

But this wise little girl, being only four, floated above pity and shame like a carefree sparrow. She took my heart in her hands and made it as weightless as a cotton puff, so that it was impossible for me to even begin to think, “What a terrible thing.” All I saw was light and love. In their innocence, very young children know themselves to be light and love. If we will allow them, they can teach us to see ourselves the same way.

One sparkle from a little girl’s gaze contains the same knowledge that Nature implants at the heart of every life-form. It is life’s silent secret, not to be put into words. It just knows. It knows peace and how not to hurt. It knows that even the least breath is a gesture of gratitude to the Creator. It smiles to be alive, waiting patiently for ages of ignorance and sorrow to pass away like a mirage.

I see this knowledge showing itself in the eyes of children more and more, which makes me think that their innocence is growing stronger. They are going to disarm us adults, and that will be enough to disarm the world. They feel no reason to spoil the environment, and so the environment will be cleaned up without a quarrel. A wise little girl told me the future when she looked at me, so full of peace and contentment. I rejoice in trusting her above all the experts. As light and love drive away our guilt and shame, her prophecy must come true.

Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down
wildchic

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:00 am

Dieter Wiesner tells on MJ about when he got Michael to Germany for the Bambi Award in 2002

“That meant a lot to him. When he held his speech there, which we wrote together the evening before, he was totally excited. He knew all those important people, which were sitting there in the first row. And it meant a lot to him to get this kind of appreciation. By the way, he already knew Angela Merkel - before she became chancellor. He simply always kept himself posted. The same when we later had the meeting with Dr. Burda. He and Michael talked together for hours and Dr.Burda was deeply impressed of Michaels knowledge. No matter if the topic was the Black Forrest, Bavaria or politics. Michael was widely read and thus could make a contribution to anything. Also when we met him here” Wiesner shows a picture of Dalai Lama, “it was just the same. They talked for hours. Someone like Dalai Lama would hardly talk for hours to someone who would only do vague talk.”
Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue May 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Jimmy Jam

Speaking of Michael Jackson, what can you share about working with him on HIStory (1995)?

Michael was amazing. I can’t think of a studio moment that blew us away more than the first time he got in front of a microphone on “Scream.” It was really funny. First of all, when we put that track together, I had Janet come to Minneapolis. I just said, “I need you to be here for inspiration.” So Terry and I put together four or five different tracks, and for one of the tracks, Janet said, “I hope he doesn’t like this one, because I want this one for me.” And another one of the tracks, she said, “This is the one he’s going to like, I know my brother.”

So we go to the Hit Factory in New York. We played all these tracks, and when the track that ended up being “Scream” came on, he said, “Yeah I like that.” Janet said, “I told you that’s the one he was going to like! I’m so glad he didn’t like that other track.” Well, the other track ended up being “Runaway,” her single from Design of a Decade. I actually thought that track would’ve been a great duet for them, but Michael wanted to be real aggressive and real hard. He had things on his mind about how he felt he was being treated in the press. And the track for “Scream” was sonically perfect for what he wanted to do lyrically.

When he went into the studio, the idea was that he was going to sing it first and then Janet would go in and sing after him. So Janet’s sitting there, me and Terry are sitting there, and Michael goes in. Before he sings, he’s just real calm and quiet, “Can you turn my headphones up a little bit?” Then all of a sudden the music comes on and he starts dancing around the room, hitting all his signature moves. And he’s like, wearing a bracelet or something while clapping — you’re not really supposed to do that when you’re on the mic, but it didn’t even matter. When it was over, I swear to God, it was just silence in the room. He said, “How was that?” We’re like, “Yeah, that sounded really good.” And I turned and looked at Janet and she said to me, “I’ll just do my vocal in Minneapolis.” It was like, “I’m not going to do my vocal right now.” Obviously he just killed it, right? [laughs]

So we go to Minneapolis with Janet, where she does a great job on her vocal. We send it to Michael, he goes, “Wow, Janet sounds great. Where did she record that vocal?” I said it was in Minneapolis. “I’m coming to Minneapolis.” So Michael comes to Minneapolis to re-record his vocal, and it was a real glimpse into his competitive nature. It didn’t even matter that it was his sister. It was just like, “No. I have to redo it. She did hers, I have to redo mine.” It was just crazy, his competitiveness even with his own sister. But it was that drive for perfection. And the original vocal he did in New York ended up being probably 90 percent of the vocal on the final song.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:55 pm

“Michael was extremely well-read…I knew Michael, but I got to know him a lot better at the trial. The judge was doing jury selection, and it was time for break. Judge Melville said, ‘Ladies and gentlemen, I want you to know that jury service is very, very important.’ He’s trying to convince people not to have stupid excuses to get out of jury service. All judges do this. He says, ‘The jury system is a very time-honored system. It’s been around for 200 years. We’re going to take a break and come back in 15 minutes.’

“We stand up and the judge leaves, and Michael turns to me and says, ‘Bob, the jury system is much older than 200 years, isn’t it?’ I said, ‘Well, yeah, it goes back to the Greeks.’ He says, ‘Oh yeah, Socrates had a jury trial, didn’t he?’ I said, ‘Yeah, well, you know how it turned out for him.’ Michael says, ‘Yeah, he had to drink the hemlock.’ That’s just one little tidbit. We talked about psychology, Freud and Jung, Hawthorne, sociology, black history and sociology dealing with race issues. But he was very well read in the classics of psychology and history and literature."

~ Attorney Bob Sanger ~

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:56 am

The actress and model on growing up as the granddaughter of a screen legend and having Michael Jackson and Benny Hill as family friends

The actress and model on growing up as the granddaughter of a screen legend and having Michael Jackson and Benny Hill as family friends

'I've always had a huge need to prove myself,' said Kiera Chaplin

"I went for tea at my grandmother’s house and Michael Jackson was sitting there.

I was about seven years old and we lived next door to my grandmother, Oona. I went round one day and there was a helicopter in her garden. I went in to see her and Michael was sitting there. I was terrified because he was my absolute idol and I was actually holding my Michael Jackson doll. I couldn’t speak to him as I was such a fan. He was there because he was a fan of my grandfather Charlie Chaplin. He asked me to sit on his lap but I was too shy."

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“When I got the position as publicist for the HIStory Tour, I was told not to speak to Mr. Jackson until he first spoke to me. I had been on the tour for two weeks before I met him. I thought it was a bit strange considering I had to accompany him whenever he made personal appearances. Finally, I decided to step up and introduce myself to MJ. I figured the only thing they could do is send me home. So, one day, while we were in a record store, I walked up to Michael and introduced myself. I said, 'Hi, I'm Darlene. I'm your publicist." He said, "Hi. Are you going to do the whole tour?" I said, 'Yes, unless you know something I don't know.' We both chuckled. He became comfortable with me rather quickly. He soon started telling his fans he would sign their autographs only if it was OK with me. I found that amusing. I found out later that before I introduced myself he knew exactly who I was. He had asked several people, "Who is the black girl?" […] I was very surprised that he was pretty normal. He also has an incredible memory. It's totally surreal. I still find it very hard to believe he's gone. It just doesn't feel right. There is an emptiness. It's hard to believe because he was such a big, vibrant talent and personality.

Sometimes when I hear his music on the radio, I get sad. But, then I remember that he left us all an incredible amount of music that we can listen to for the rest of our lives. The world has lost someone very special. It may sound like a cliché, but his death is a reminder that we're all here but for a moment. Live life to the fullest. Dance like no one is watching. It's a reminder for us to do what we love and to live each day like it's our last.

My funniest memory of him was when] Michael was making an appearance outside of the Opera House in Sydney, Australia. We were standing backstage waiting for him to go on when I noticed his pants were unzipped. I looked at him and pretended to zip my own pants. He looked down, turned around, zipped up his pants and then turned back and looked at me. He then looked at my pants as if to say my zipper was also down. I looked down. My pants weren't unzipped. I looked at him. We both laughed. He liked to joke. He loved to laugh. […] [I think he’d like to be remembered] as the King of Pop. No one did it better. […] My favorite memory: standing in the wings night after night watching Michael Jackson perform. He was something to watch. He was magical. He was brilliant!”

Source - The silencedtruth.com

Back to top Go down
wildchic

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 am

My stay at the lavish hotel was up, so the Sheikh invited me to stay over at his palace… and Pow!!! There goes Michael Jackson, sipping on lemonade by the pool! I was so shocked, but cool at the same time, because I didn’t want to turn myself into a groupie.
He thought I was so funny that he refrained from leaving to go to his pad, which was next door to the Sheikh. The Sheikh was happy that I made Mike so comfortable, so he invited the rest of the crew (who were at the afterparty the night before) for dinner !

John Legend,Tyson Beckford, BIG and my good pal DJ Dirt T were in attendance . Me and Mike spoke on Eminem’s retirement, 50 Cent’s accomplishments and lamb ass (dinner) at the royal table . That’s why you see crazy food behind us in that pic.
I also put him on the phone with 50, who was in Morocco filming a movie with Samuel L Jackson. When Mike gave me the phone back, 50 ended the conversation with a big “Fuck you!” and hung up! LOL! All I know is the man that I met was cool and down to earth.

You can tell that Michael was tired of people speaking to him properly as if he was a child. He wanted some Black homeys to bring him back to reality. It felt good for him to curse and laugh, and relate to people who came up the way he did.
For seven hours he wasnt hanging with lawyers or managers, just cool people who genuinely love his work and didn’t need anything from him . All we wanted was to know who the real Michael Jackson is, and we got it that night.
Too bad the only pic we missed was the Tyson Beckford dance battle against MJ – fucking classic.

MJH worldwide
Back to top Go down
wildchic

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:09 am

“I was in California the first time I heard Michael Jackson wanted to record with me. I was like, Nah, no way, he's too big, it can't be true. Then I got a call from Michael's people at my hotel telling me he was interested. But I still wasn't believing it-- I thought they were setting me up for a TV practical jokes show. So my partner and me go to the place, and while we were waiting we were talking and cursing up a storm-- I was thinking that if it were a blooper show, they wouldn't be able to use it. Then Michael called and said he was on his way. When he got there he was just like 'Hey, how ya doin?’ Michael is just as regular as everyone else is. We talked about all the normal stuff guys talk about. He's real smart. People forget that he's the most incredible entertainer we've seen in our lifetime. His name is Michael Jackson, not Super Michael Jackson. He makes mistakes just like all of us. My favorite Michael Jackson song is "Music and Me". It's an old one, about him and his music, his love for music, and the time they've had together. It's like a song that would be sung to a girl, but it's all about music.”

- Heavy D -- MC/label executive (rapped on Jam, 1991)

Back to top Go down
Scarlet Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:15 pm

In Studio with Michael Jackson by Rob Hoffman (Sounds Engineer)

In photos: Back Row: Craig, Andrew Scheps, Rob Hoffman, Brad Sundberg, Matt Forger
Front Row: Bruce Swedien, Michael Jackson, Eddie Delena

I was fortunate enough to work with MJ early in my career. He was an incredible artist. TALENTED BEYOND YOUR WILDEST DREAM. Extremely generous, and a hard worker. I actually went from a staff assistant at the Hit Factory in NYC to freelance engineer under Swedien and MJ. They were due to start in Los Angeles when the Northridge earthquake hit so they moved to New York. One room was all Bruce, the second room was the writing room. I started assisting Bruce’s writing partner Rene Moore. I would track stuff with Rene, and Bruce would come in and tell me what I did wrong, sit in for a few hours and set us straight.

After a couple months MJ arrived and the entire tour rig was moved in along with Brad Buxer, Andrew Scheps, and Eddie Delena. I continued to assist them until the whole crew moved to L.A., they decided to take me with them. I would assist Bruce during the day, and help out every where else at night – assisting, engineering, programming, and on one song playing guitar. We had two rooms at Record One, and two rooms at Larrabee where I met John. At one point in NYC we had just about every room at the Hit Factory. The crew was great, and I learned so much from all of them. I learned to engineer from Bruce Swedien, John, and Eddie, and got to sit in with producers like MJ, Jam And Lewis, Babyface, David Foster, Teddy Riley, and Dallas Austin.

I was actually asked to leave the project early on because there were too many people around and MJ didn’t know me. Luckily, I was rehired about 10 days later. At the wrap party MJ apologized profusely, and expressed his gratitude. Truly the most sincere man you will ever meet.

Some random memories:

One morning MJ came in with a new song he had written overnight. We called in a guitar player, and Michael sang every note of every chord to him. “here’s the first chord first note, second note, third note. Here’s the second chord first note, second note, third note”, etc., etc. We then witnessed him giving the most heartfelt and profound vocal performance, live in the control room through an SM57.

He would sing us an entire string arrangement, every part. Steve Porcaro once told me he witnessed MJ doing that with the string section in the room. Had it all in his head, harmony and everything. Not just little eight bar loop ideas. he would actually sing the entire arrangement into a micro-cassette recorder complete with stops and fills.

At one point Michael was angry at one of the producers on the project because he was treating everyone terribly. Rather than create a scene or fire the guy, Michael called him to his office/lounge and one of the security guys threw a pie in his face. No further action was needed . . . . .

During the recording of “Smile” on HIStory, Bruce thought it would be great if Michael would sing live with the orchestra. But of course, we didn’t tell the players that. We set him up in a vocal booth off to the side. They rehearsed a bit without vocals in, then during the first take Michael sang, just about knocked them out of their chairs.

His beatboxing was without parallel, and his time was ridiculous.

His sense of harmony was incredible. Never a bad note, no tuning, even his breathing was perfectly in time.

Once, while we were taking a break, I think we were actually watching the OJ chase on TV, there was a news program talking about him being in Europe with some little boy. I was sitting next to the guy while the news is making this crap up. He just looked at me and said this is what I have to deal with.

I spent close to 3 years working with him, and not once did I question his morals, or ever believe any of the allegations. I wasn’t even a fan then. I saw him interact with his brothers kids, other people’s children, and at one point my own girlfriend’s kids. I got to spend a day at Neverland with them. A completely incredible human being, always looking for a way to make all children’s lives better. Every weekend at Neverland was donated to a different children’s group – children with AIDS, children cancer, etc., and most of the time he wasn’t there.

He was simply living the childhood he never had. In many ways he never grew up.

I was assisting Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis while they recorded the background vocals for “Scream” with MJ and Janet. The two of them singing together was amazing. Super tight, no bad notes. One part after another. When they took a break they sang the showtunes they used to sing as kids. Again, perfect harmony. Mj refused to sing the “stop f*ckin’ with me part” because he would NOT curse.

I was the tape op for the recording of the background vocals on “Stranger in Moscow”. Scared the hell out me. Michael was dropping in and out on syllables, rearranging the notes and timing as he put it down. No Pro Tools at the time, just 2″ tape, and my punches.

I erased a live keyboard overdub that he played one night. He came in the next morning, replaced it, and never uttered another word about it.

I was there when Lisa Marie was around. They acted like two kids in love. Held hands all the time, and she hung out at the studio for quite a while. I never questioned their love for each other.

We recorded a Christmas song during the summer of ’94 that needed a children’s choir. Michael insisted that the entire studio be decorated with xmas lights, tree, fake snow and a sled for their recording. And he bought presents for everyone.

The last weekend of recording on HIStory he came to me and Eddie Delena, and said “I’m sorry, but I don’t think any of us are going to sleep this weekend. There’s a lot to get done, and we have to go to Bernie on Monday morning”. He stayed at the studio the entire time, singing, and mixing. I got to spend a couple quiet moments with him during that time. We talked about John Lennon one night as he was gearing up to sing the last vocal of the record – the huge ad libs at the end of “Earth Song”. I told him the story of John singing “Twist and Shout” while being sick, and though most people think he was screaming for effect, it was actually his voice giving out. He loved it, and then went in to sing his heart out. . . .

Later that night, while mixing, everyone left the room so MJ could turn it up. This was a common occurrence during the mixes, and I was left in the room with ear plugs, and hands over my ears, in case he needed something. This particular night, all the lights were out and we noticed some blue flashes intermittently lighting up the room during playback. After a few moments we could see that one of the speakers (custom quad augspuergers) was shooting blue flames. MJ liked this and proceeded to push all the faders up . . . .

MJ liked hot water while he was singing. I mean really hot !!!!! It got to the point that I would melt plastic spoons to test it.

Bruce and I were talking about walking to the studio everyday in NYC, and what routes we took. Michael looked at us and said we were so lucky to be able to do that. He couldn’t walk down the street without being harassed. It was a sad moment for all of us.

The studio crew got free tickets to the Janet show so we all went right from work one night. About halfway through the show we see this dude with a long beard, dressed in robes dancing in the aisle behind. I mean really dancing . . . it was Mj in disguise. Kind of like the costume Chevy Chase wears in Fletch while roller skating.

He got one of the first playstations from Sony in his lounge . . . we snuck in late at night to play the games that hadn’t been released yet.

A couple people on the session hadn’t seen Jurassic Park while it was out, so MJ arranged a private screening for us at Sony.

He was a huge fan of Nine Inch Nails Downward Spiral . . . .

I was lucky enough over the course of 3 years to have access to the multitrack masters for tour prep, videos, and archive purposes. To be able to pull these tracks apart was a huge lesson in production, and songwriting. A chance to look into the minds of geniuses.

Of all the records I’ve worked on, MJJ was the only company to give platinum award records.

One day we just all sat in the studio listening to his catalog with him for inspiration. He loved the process, he loved the work.

Rob Hoffman

ross

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Denzel Washington On Michael Jackson Coming Over For Fried Chicken

Meanwhile, Denzel also shared a story about the time the late King of Pop rolled up to his house and ate up all their fried chicken:

Daniel: How about … Michael Jackson?
Denzel: Michael had fried chicken at my house.
Daniel: What was that like?
Denzel: That was cool.
Daniel: So you invited him to your house?
Denzel: He came over, I forget why, I think my wife had invited him, and he came over, and I was like, “He can eat!” He was going to town, man.
Daniel: What year of Michael was this? This was Bubbles-era Michael, or …
Denzel: We were in our old house, so it had to have been before ’99. We moved in ’99.
Daniel: Right, and anything that you remember other than he ate a lot?
Denzel: I just remember my kids coming downstairs and just staring at him. They were just standing there like [imitates shocked face]. I said, “Say hello,” and they go, “Hello Mr. Jackson … OK, good-bye.”
Daniel: [Laughs.]
Denzel: They were just like, “Michael Jackson’s in the house.”

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:05 am

Adrian Grant on Michael Jackson mention Lisa Marie Presley

“Months later in New York, I saw Michael again during an exclusive preview of his HIStory album. I was playing video games in his office with Janet Jackson and Lisa Marie when Michael called Lisa Marie and myself into the studio to listen to his new songs. They sat at the back of the room and held hands as Smile blared out the speakers. Smile is a cover of Charlie Chaplin song and means a lot to Michael, whose a huge Chaplin fan. That made me think of an idea Michael could use in one of his videos. What surprised me was that, even though he has worked with the best producers and video directors , he was willing to listen to my ideas. He even seemed excited by them. And that’s what makes meeting Michael so special. Despite being one of the busiest stars in the world, he still has time for his fans and listens to them as he would listen to any of those important people he has to deal with every day.”

Adrian Grant, Meeting Michael magazine

Thank you Becky for sharing.

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:43 pm

My meeting with Michael Jackson

There is an exact reason why I decided to write this post: very often I receive mails and messages about my meeting with Michael Jackson. People, especially the fans, want to know how he was, what his voice sounded like, was he tall, was he shy, was he weird? I get asked tens of questions. I understand the curiosity and though it’s not easy to recollect every moment of that incredible day, I always try my best and offer a detailed report of it.

At the time I was 23 years old, I had been a Michael Jackson admirer for 12 years already and had been spending my last 7 years founding and running MJ fan clubs. This had led me to establish excellent relations with Michael’s staff. At that time, I was very close to then MJJ Productions Vice-President Bob Jones.
One year earlier, in 1999 I had been granted a visit inside the MJJ Productions headquarters on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles. This is another incredible adventure I will tell you about in another post. Yes, I had the chance to touch with my own hands the Thriller Grammys and more.

Back to my meeting with the King, it was late 1999 when I came to know Michael was planning to attend the 2000 World Music Awards in Monte-Carlo and receive the Artist of the Millennium Award. At that time I was the president of Child’s Heart, a fan club that was officially recognised by Michael and MJJ Productions and used to publish a full colour, glossy magazine distributed all over the Italian newstands. I was living in Rome then and Child’s Heart was based in Rome, so we planned to gather the fans and travel to Monte-Carlo to see Michael. Bob Jones was going to join him in his trip to Europe, so I knew there was a high possibility I might have met Michael.

My predictions turned out pretty much accurate.
The show was planned to be held on May 10th 2000 at the Sporting Club, but we arrived on the 8th so that we could get a glimpse of Michael. He arrived that same day, causing hysteria among the hundreds of fans waiting outside the Hotel de Paris. The next day, I had the chance to meet Bob Jones who had arrived in Monte-Carlo, too. He hugged me and told me to meet him in thirty minutes at the the entrance of the Hotel de Paris. I had with me a beautiful charcoal painting of Michael and his son Prince as a gift. I was waiting outside the hotel when Bob came and took me inside to meet Michael’s then-bodyguard Nagin. He introduced me and two friends who were with me as “dear friends from Rome.” “Treat them well and take them to Michael”, were his words, still echoing in my mind.

Next thing I knew I was in the elevator with Nagin and my friends: destination Michael’s suite.

More:

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:31 pm

“I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to spend time with Michael in 1988, during his Bad Tour, and in 1989 at his ranch, Neverland Valley. In 1988, Michael invited me to spend ten days with him during his Tour. He was performing in NJ at the time. As I lived in NJ, I told him I would be happy to drive back and forth to the city, but he insisted on getting me a suite at the Helmsley Palace. We spent many hours together and I went to every concert with him. It was truly a wonderful experience. What struck me from the first moment I met Michael was how intelligent he was. I, of course, knew his music and knew what an incredible performer he was, but I had no idea that he had deep passions for art and art history. He was especially passionate about American Illustrators. We spent many hours talking about Maxfield Parrish, N.C. Wyeth, Howard Pyle, Jesse Wilcox Smith and, of course, his favorite, Norman Rockwell. Michael sent an armored truck to my studio and they picked up over 150 of my paintings. They were leaning all around the suite and we spent quite a bit of time discussing my art and classic literature. Michael was also an avid book collector and I was surprised to find out that he had every book I had illustrated. But my greatest surprise was when he asked me to give him drawing lessons. I quickly learned that he had a natural talent for art. We would sit and sketch, chat and eat popcorn. It was casual and enjoyable.

Michael was also a great fan of animation and loved the Disney films. He very much wanted to get into making movies. Unfortunately, that was not meant to be. In 1989, Michael asked me to come to Neverland. I spent 9 days with him at the ranch. It was very clear that Michael was trying to create a childhood he never had. Again, it was a great experience. A very special moment in my life. Michael Jackson was the King of POP. This is, I hope, how the world will remember him. This is his legacy. But for those who had the opportunity to spend time with him, he was so much more. Michael was intelligent, funny, passionate, and caring. He had more energy than anyone I had ever known. He was a brilliant performer. He loved life. We will miss him. We wish him God speed.” Greg Hildebrandt, American fantasy and science fiction artist.

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Sun May 05, 2013 4:15 am

Our friend Michael Jackson

Dean Denton with his family and Michael Jackson.
It is the picture that inspires memories of an extraordinary brush with mega-stardom for a well-known Perth music family.

Dean Denton, frontman of former Perth pub rockers the Frames, and his family have revealed details about a bizarre friendship with pop legend Michael Jackson.

They told _The Weekend West _how a chance meeting with Jackson in a Doubleview video shop in 1996 led to an intimate year-long relationship and they were all adamant "Jacko" was nowhere near as whacko as implied before his death in 2009.

The revelations surfaced as a Los Angeles jury began hearing evidence this week in a negligence lawsuit filed by Jackson's mother Katherine against promoter AEG Live.

She claims AEG, which has denied any wrongdoing, was negligent in not properly investigating a now-jailed doctor who gave her son a powerful anaesthetic as he prepared for his This Is It comeback tour.

The trademark black hat, with gold-embossed name on the inside, that Jackson gave the Dentons sits in a transparent box in their northern suburbs home under their prized family photo with him. It is encased with their backstage passes to his Perth concert.

A then eight-year-old Ash Denton had been roller-blading along Scarborough Beach Road with his mother Val when Jackson's security guard invited them into the video store. A day later, they joined an excited mob at Scarborough's Rendezvous Hotel where Jackson was staying.

On spotting Ash in the crowd, Jackson invited him and his mother to his pent- house suite. The family then joined others the night of the concert in the suite, which was scattered with children's party food such as lollies and fairy bread. Ash went with Jackson in his limousine to the gig and was part of a circle of children on stage for Jackson's song Heal The World.

"You think back to it now and you think, 'We've met the absolute pinnacle of performers' . . . wow," Ash said.

Dean Denton recalled Jackson phoning him for consent about any contact with his children. "He was as eccentric as hell, but he had that many people caring about him he couldn't do anything himself," he said.

Mrs Denton said Jackson let her "play in his wardrobe" and try on his jackets. She said later they started speaking by phone. "To start with, he was phoning me about once a week, just about life," she said.

"It was like, 'Wow, you cut your own lawn? You paint your own house? Do you love shopping? I love shopping'. He was just lonely. It was when the first lot of charges were laid and we talked a lot about that, how heartbroken he was that it had come to that."

Then suddenly, the calls stopped for good.

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   Sat May 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Seth Riggs

Seth Riggs is an American vocal coach and founder of a technique known as Speech Level Singing] Some of his students have included Ray Charles, Josh Groban (first LP only), Dusty Springfield, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Raghav, Whoopi Goldberg, Kalil Wilson,] and Philip Webb.

“Michael is a very special man. He would come in for his lesson and sit down and we would have a prayer and then read the Bible and then have another prayer and start to work. That’s the way he liked to begin his day. Can you imagine a performer as big as Michael Jackson turning around in a lesson and discussing how wonderful God has been to him and how much he loves God?” “You know, there was one moment. I was playing a piano, and he was standing next to me. All of a sudden, he stretched his hands, looking upwards. It seemed to me that it was very important to him. That’s why I left the room and switched the light off. After half an hour I came back to the room. He was whispering: “Thank you for my talent. Thank you for everything I’ve got. Thank you for all the people who love me. Tell me what I should do, and I’ll do it.” It seemed to me that it was the moment of his communication with God.”

~ Seth Riggs

PostSubject: Re: People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.   

Back to top Go down

People met with Michael Jackson. Testimonials.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next