Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Barry Gibb says ‘trapped’ Michael Jackson ‘didn’t know who his friends were’

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ross

Barry Gibb says ‘trapped’ Michael Jackson ‘didn’t know who his friends were’ Empty
PostSubject: Barry Gibb says ‘trapped’ Michael Jackson ‘didn’t know who his friends were’   Barry Gibb says ‘trapped’ Michael Jackson ‘didn’t know who his friends were’ EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 3:36 am

Michael Jackson secretly moved in with Barry Gibb and got so drunk he slept on floor
Pop superstar Michael Jackson secretly moved in with Bee Gees legend Barry Gibb and used to get so drunk he'd pass out on the floor

Michael Jackson secretly moved in with Bee Gees star Barry Gibb in the early 2000s and would get so drunk he'd pass out on the floor.

The pop superstar still owned his Neverland ranch at the time, but made a discreet trip to Miami, Florida and set up home in Barry's spare room.

Barry revealed Jackson was a regular visitor and actually moved in with him and his family.

Speaking back in 2014, he told The Mirror: "He would come to Miami and stay in our house.

He’d sit in the kitchen and watch the fans outside his hotel on TV, just giggling – 'Hee hee!' He lived upstairs for a while."

Barry explained it was in the early 2000s before Jackson was put on trial on child molestation charges.

He insisted he never talked about the court case with his new housemate.

The Bee Gees star also revealed Jackson was fond of booze and would often get so drunk he'd pass out on the floor.

He added: "We would just sit around and write and get drunk. Michael liked wine – there were a few nights when he just went to sleep on the floor."

Jackson would often book a hotel room in the city but would stay with Barry instead and the singer insisted he never saw the star unhappy.

The star often joined in with swimming and water skiing with the family.

Barry even recorded a song with his friend, All in Your Name, which was released in 2002.

They were such good friends that Barry named one of his children after the singer, and the King Of Pop became Godfather to little Michael Gibb.

In a statement released after Jackson's death in 2009, Barry wrote: "We are devastated".

Robin Gibb added: "We've not only lost a great friend in Michael, but also lost a wonderful sensitive human being."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>

Barry Gibb has revealed he once had to “politely” ask Michael Jackson to leave his house, after overstaying his welcome because he “didn’t know who his friends were”.

The Bee Gees star worked with Jackson in 2002, shortly after the initial invasion of Iraq, with the pair writing a song responding to the conflict. However, Gibb suspected that Jackson had ulterior motives while collaborating.

“We sat around in my lounge for days at a time, just having fun, not really writing songs,” Gibb recalled to The Guardian. “We came up with one, ‘All in My Name’, but we were never that serious about it. I think Michael was just trying to escape the legal environment he was trapped in, he was visiting people he knew that he could relate to, because he didn’t know who his friends were.”

In 2002, Jackson was embroiled in controversy as a result of a documentary in which he confessed that he sometimes shared his bed with a young boy. He was also involved in a high-profile battle with his record label Sony at the time.

Gibb remembered that Jackson’s presence in his home soon became a problem for him and his family.

He remembered: “He started to hang out at the house all the time and I had to get up in the morning; I’m 12 years older than him, I had to take my kids to school. At some point, I said: ‘Michael, wherever it is you’re going, you’ve got to go.’ So I politely asked Michael Jackson to leave my house because I couldn’t get anything else done.”

Gibb is the last surviving Bee Gee following the deaths of his brothers Robin, in 2012, and Maurice, in 2003. Their youngest brother Andy, who performed solo, died in 1988.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by ross on Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ross

Barry Gibb says ‘trapped’ Michael Jackson ‘didn’t know who his friends were’ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barry Gibb says ‘trapped’ Michael Jackson ‘didn’t know who his friends were’   Barry Gibb says ‘trapped’ Michael Jackson ‘didn’t know who his friends were’ EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 4:39 am

This is old from Barry Gibb about Michael

Bee Gees star Barry Gibb says Michael Jackson was insecure and worried Prince was better than him

He has been making music for over 50 years and has worked with some of the biggest names in the business, so it's no surprise that Barry Gibb has some tales from the world of music.

The Bee Gees star has recorded a new album with the help of his sons, and he caught up with Good Morning Britain to discuss the latest record, but first he gave his opinion on the greatest ever artist.

Barry counted Michael Jackson among his closest friends and the two would often hangout together in the studio making music and giving each other advice.

However, Barry claims that despite all of Michael's success as one of the biggest selling musicians of all time, he was incredibly insecure and had some severe self esteem issues.

Barry said: "I've never known an incredibly famous artist that had good self esteem. Michael was the same, very much afraid, afraid of everything."

He added: "He'd say to me, 'Barry, do you think Prince is better than me?' I'd tell him he had no equal."

Barry thinks that fame made the Thriller singer insecure, and that's something he has seen in many other stars in both film and music.

"Mega-fame is destructive", he said. "My wife is the reason I didn't wind up going down that path."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... bb-9028142

Page 1 of 1