Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lisa Marie Presley Funeral

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ross

Lisa Marie Presley Funeral Empty
PostSubject: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 7:27 am

Riley Keough touches down in Memphis ahead of mom Lisa Marie Presley’s funeral

Actress Riley Keough has landed in Memphis, on the eve of her mother Lisa Marie Presley’s funeral.

Keough, 33, arrived in a private jet shortly after her grandmother Priscilla Presley and her former stepfather Michael Lockwood landed.

Lockwood was Lisa Marie’s fourth and final husband, and the father of her 14-year-old twin daughters Harper and Finley. Keough’s father is Lisa Marie’s first husband, actor Danny Keough, who remained close to the troubled star and was living with her at the time of her death, performing CPR until paramedics arrived.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 7:28 am

Michael Lockwood, who was married to Lisa Marie from 2006-16, was also on the plane with Priscilla Presley.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... s-funeral/[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 7:30 am

Priscilla Presley looked glamorous in black and spiked heels as she arrived in Memphis.

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 7:58 am

Lisa Marie Presley memorial: What to know about attending Graceland service

Lisa Marie Presley, the only child of Elvis and Graceland heir who had been embraced by millions of fans of the singer as a living link to the King of Rock 'n' Roll, will be remembered at a memorial service Sunday at Graceland.
The general public has been invited to attend the service Sunday, which will start at 9 a.m. on the front lawn of Graceland. A procession to view [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will follow the service.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 6:04 pm

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 6:05 pm

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 9:12 pm

Our heart is broken Lisa, we all love you': Priscilla Presley pays emotional tribute to her daughter Lisa Marie and reads poem by her granddaughter for her 'role model and superhero

Priscilla Presley led her family in tributes to her late daughter at an emotional memorial service Sunday morning.

She shared a poem by one of Lisa Marie Presley's 14-year-old daughters, in which she called her mother 'an icon, a role model and a superhero.'

The poem read: 'She always knew she wouldn't be here too long... some say a broken heart killed her,' referring to her son, Benjamin's untimely death by suicide in July 2020.

Speaking for herself, the 77-year-old grieving mother then added: 'Our hearts are broken. Lisa we all love you.'

Lisa Marie's other daughter, actress Riley Keough, was apparently too overcome with grief to stand up on stage and provide her eulogy herself, so she had her husband, Ben Smith-Petersen, read it for her.

Their speeches came just moments before Lisa Marie, 54, was buried at the Memphis estate next to her father, Elvis, and her son Benjamin.

In the eulogy, Riley, 33, shared how she is 'certain' she 'chose the best mother in this world' before describing some of the memories she has of her mother.

'I remember you driving me in my car seat playing Aretha Franklin,' she shared in the eulogy. 'I remember the feeling I'd get when you picked me up from school.'

'Thank you for showing me that love is the only thing that matters in this world,' she concluded, noting that she and her late brother, as well as her half-sisters are 'products of your heart.
'We are you, you are us,' Riley wrote. 'Thank you for trying so hard for all of us.' 

But the first eulogy of the morning was from talent agent Jerry Schilling, who described how he first met Lisa Marie Presley shortly after she was born.
'I always called Lisa Marie "Memphis,"' he shared. 'She had that cadence.'

He told how Lisa Marie served as his assistance, before he started managing the singer-songwriter, and serving in her weddings. 

'Memphis, I will always love you,' Schilling said. 
Meanwhile, Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson vowed to always be around for Lisa Marie's children, sharing how she considered the rock n' roll princess her 'sissy.' 

The duchess shared how was with Lisa Marie her entire life, and vowed to do the same for her 14-year-old twins, as well as her older daughter, Riley. 
Lisa Marie did not want the memorial service to be sad, film producer Joel Weinshanker said as the service began Sunday morning.

'Lisa we will try to honor you,' he said, 'try to honor your wishes.' 
Former Memphis Mayor AC Wharton also shared how Lisa Marie 'was the jewel of this city.'
'Lisa Marie was all Memphis,' he said. 'She belonged to us, and we belonged to her.' 
Wharton added that Lisa Marie's 'spirit will liv in a collective memory of a city that loved her tenderly, loved her truly and loved her fully.'
Her coffin was on display to the public during the celebration of life at the family's Graceland estate, and fans were allowed to view Lisa Marie's headstone, where they could leave flowers or other offerings, following the ceremony.

Presley — the only child of rock legend Elvis — suffered a cardiac arrest at her Calabasas home, and died at a hospital in Los Angeles on January 12. 
Her mother Priscilla was by her side and the family, on being told she was brain dead, made the decision to sign a Do Not Resuscitate order.

The LA County Coroner announced on Tuesday that it would be deferring the results of her official cause of death pending the results of a toxicology test - which could take years. 

Ahead of the ceremony, Lisa Marie's gray marble sarcophagus sat next to her burial spot in the exact same spot as her son's. Photos of the pair together have been placed in front of their monuments.
Benjamin's resting place had to be moved slightly to accommodate his mother's.

The plaque that will cover the gravesite was also covered with a tarp for protection during the service.
It drew thousands of fans to downtown Memphis, with the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] reporting that Graceland's 450-room hotel was completely sold-out, and hotels near the museum and Beale Street 'seeing an uptick in last minute reservations for the weekend.' 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] landed in Memphis for the event Saturday night.

Keough, 33, arrived in a private jet shortly after her grandmother [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and her former stepfather Michael Lockwood landed. 

Lockwood was Lisa Marie's fourth and final husband, and the father of her 14-year-old twin daughters Harper and Finley. 

Keough's father is Lisa Marie's first husband, actor Danny Keough, who remained close to the troubled star and was living with her at the time of her death, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
She was accompanied by her husband, Australian stuntman Smith-Peterson.

Dressed down in sweatpants, with her hair loose, Keough lit a cigarette outside the airport. 
She also appeared to be carrying a baby, although she herself does not have children.
It was the first time she had been seen since her mother's sudden death.

Keough had earlier posted a touching tribute post on Instagram for her mother - the first time she's acknowledged her death.
She posted a photo of her mother looking adoringly down at her as a small child while she gazed back with a soft smile on her face.

Presley's oldest child simply captioned the heartbreaking post with a red heart.
Presley grew up fearing her own mortality after she found her father dead at the age of nine, traumatizing her. 

She often spoke of her own death and even referred to the backyard at the Graceland estate as a 'graveyard.'
'How many people have a family grave in the backyard? How many people are reminded of their fate, of their mortality, every f**king day? All the graves are lined up and there's a spot there, waiting for me, right next to my grandmother,' she told Playboy in 2003.

Despite her fear, the singer believed she had many more years to live. 
Last Sunday she told her friend David Kessler, who works as a grief counselor, that she had 'so much to do.'

The pair were at the Graceland estate to celebrate what would have been Elvis' 88th birthday.
Presley, who rarely made public appearances since her son's death, told the adoring crowd: 'You are the only people who can bring me out of the house.'
She added: 'I'm not kidding. I love you back and that's why I'm here.' 

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 11:21 pm

Austin Butler is solemn as he attends Lisa Marie Presley's Graceland memorial with girlfriend Kaia Gerber... after depicting her legendary father in Elvis film 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] were pictured attending [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s memorial service together at Graceland on Sunday.

Butler, 31, had a close relationship with the daughter of the King of Rock 'N' Roll after portraying her father Elvis Presley in the acclaimed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] biopic Elvis.

Before her untimely death, Lisa Marie lauded Butler for his moving performance in the film.
On her Instagram account she shared, 'Austin Butler channeled and embodied my father's heart and soul beautifully. In my humble opinion his performance is unprecedented and FINALLY done accurately and respectfully.'
Lisa Marie and her mother Priscilla Presley [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]and the trio grew close during filming of the biopic.

He brought both women to tears as he spoke directly to them in his [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for Best Actor, saying, 'Thank you guys, thank you for opening your hearts, your memories, your home to me. Lisa Marie, Priscilla, I love you forever.'

From the heart: 'I am eternally grateful for the time I was lucky enough to be near her bright light and will forever cherish the quiet moments we shared. Her warmth, her love and her authenticity will always be remembered,' Austin said in a statement one day after her death; pictured January 10 at the Golden Globes

Touching tribute: Austin Butler paid tribute to Lisa Marie Presley in a statement to E! News as he said, 'My heart is completely shattered for Riley, Finley, Harper and Priscilla at the tragic and unexpected loss of Lisa Marie'; seen together on June 11, 2022 at a screening of Elvis

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 11:25 pm

Priscilla shared a poem by one of Lisa Marie Presley's 14-year-old daughters 

Priscilla led her family in tributes to her late daughter at an emotional memorial service Sunday morning. 
She shared a poem by one of Lisa Marie Presley's 14-year-old daughters, in which she called her mother 'an icon, a role model and a superhero.'
The poem read: 'She always knew she wouldn't be here too long... some say a broken heart killed her,' referring to her son, Benjamin's untimely death by suicide in July 2020.
Priscilla Presley led her family in tributes to her late daughter at an emotional memorial service on Sunday.
Priscilla shared a poem by one of Lisa Marie Presley's 14-year-old daughters, in which she called her mother 'an icon, a role model and a superhero.'
The poem read: 'She always knew she wouldn't be here too long... some say a broken heart killed her,' referring to her Lisa Marie's son Benjamin's untimely death in July 2020.
Priscilla then added: 'Our hearts are broken. Lisa we all love you.'

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 11:28 pm

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 5:04 am

Elvis Presley Enterprises President Reveals Lisa Marie Presley's One Memorial Request (Exclusive)

ET's Kevin Frazier spoke with Joel Weinshanker, the president of Elvis Presley Enterprises ahead of the memorial service, and he opened up about Lisa Marie's final days and her intentions for her own service. 

"It’s about celebrating her life. This whole Graceland is about celebrating Elvis' life, and we're gonna do the same for Lisa," Weinshanker told ET prior to the public memorial. "She had many thoughts about what her funeral would be like. There was no question she wanted to be buried at Graceland since her son passed away. There was no question she wanted to be buried next to her son. The one thing she said was, 'Don't make it sad.' She wants it to be a celebration, and that’s what it’s gonna be."  
Lisa Marie's son, Benjamin Keough, died by suicide in 2020 at the age of 27, and she was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Weinshanker shared that the final week of Lisa Marie's life was "by far the best week" since Benjamin's death. 

"She was happy. I was with her for several days at Graceland leading up to her dad's birthday on the Sunday the 8th. She had a great time," he recalled. "She stood for hours after the ceremony signing autographs, taking photos. She wouldn't leave until the last person was satisfied. She had an amazing time."

Of the woman he remembers, Weinshanker describes Lisa Marie as "kind, earnest, and just the realest person you would ever meet." 
"My respect for her was really about how real she was. If she was unhappy, you knew about it. If she was happy, you knew about it," he said. "She was brilliant. She was an amazing performer... she was one of the most kind, earnest souls I've ever met in my life.

Joel Weinshanker speaks at Lisa Marie Presley's memorial service. Jason Kempin/Getty Images
He added that Lisa Marie's sudden death has left everyone at Graceland in shock. "It's still -- to an extent -- not real," he shared. "I mean, I was here, 50 feet away with Lisa two weeks ago."
He noted that Graceland already has an exhibit dedicated to Lisa Marie and says there have been no talks of expanding that in the time since her death. 

"Graceland gives people great joy, so we're not thinking about this from a business standpoint," he explained. "I'm sure at some point we will think about what we can do more for Lisa here, but everything now, it's to honor her and to celebrate her."

As for any rumors about what will happen to Graceland now that Lisa Marie has died, Weinshanker shuts down any feud speculation. 

"Before Elvis passed away, he wanted to make sure that Lisa Marie got the home, got the estate. It was put into a trust. That trust throughout the years has been updated and it was Lisa's desire without question that her children take over. Riley [Keough], at this point, because Riley is of age majority, and so one day Harper and Finley [Lockwood] as well. It’s their home. It always has been. It's Elvis' home. It's Lisa's home. It will be Riley's home, without question." 

At the memorial, Weinshanker spoke, sharing, "Lisa's voice will only be amplified with time and never be silenced or diminished. She was and will always be her father’s protector, and we will continue to be hers.

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 7:48 am

Lisa Marie Presley Funeral Had One Uninvited Guest Who Came With Her 'Estranged' Mom Priscilla

The Memphis sun shined brightly on the gathering assembled outside Graceland for the funeral of Lisa Marie Presley. Her family stood as one to pay their respects to Elvis' only daughter.

Her casket was placed just a few feet away from where her father was buried at the public memorial ceremony.

Yet, it became clear that a schism had developed within the family over Elvis' $1 billion Graceland enterprise.

Some family members were shocked to see Michael Lockwood attend the funeral ceremony.

He was formerly married to Lisa Marie in one of Hollywood's most publicized divorces.

According to reports, Priscilla let him go out of compassion for their fourteen-year-old twins Finley and Harper.

One of Lisa Marie's friends told People magazine that Michael had arrived in Memphis pretending to accompany the twins.

Lisa Marie allegedly wouldn't not want him to be there at the event.

"The last thing Lisa Marie would have wanted was Michael to be there," the person stated.

Whilst Priscilla and Lisa Marie looked to be close during Elvis biopic events before her death, their relationship was said to be strained following Lisa Marie's divorce from Michael in 2016.

According to sources, Lisa Marie had not spoken to her mother in years owing to Priscilla's strong devotion to Michael.
Priscilla and Lisa Marie had not been in contact for some time before the latter's death, despite appearances. Today, it appears that the two have reached an agreement on the trust fund, which might lead to a court fight with Riley as the defendant.

Many eyes will be on the Oscars red carpet on Sunday, hoping to get a peek of Riley and Priscilla. After all, their Elvis film has received eight nominations.

Lisa Marie was clearly troubled by her mother's connection with Michael.

When Lisa Marie and Michael divorced some years ago, their twins' custody fight lingered on until lately.

During the divorce proceedings, there were also allegations of misconduct made against Michael Lockwood, including claims that he had inappropriate images on his computer.

The divorce was finalized in 2018. The details of the divorce settlement were not disclosed to the public, but it was reported that Lisa Marie Presley agreed to pay Michael Lockwood spousal support.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Funeral   Lisa Marie Presley Funeral Empty

Back to top Go down

Lisa Marie Presley Funeral
Page 1 of 1