Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sam

Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times Empty
PostSubject: Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times   Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:17 am

LONDON, September 9, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- On 25th June 2009 Michael Jackson, The King of Pop, tragically died. 2 years on, his brother Jermaine Jackson has written a touching memoir of his brother's life and death.

In his book, which is exclusively serialised in The Times starting this Saturday, Jermaine Jackson gives an unrivalled insight into Michael's mental state and his health before he died and answers some of the questions we have all been asking.

What really happened behind the scenes during the molestation trial?

What would have happened if he had been convicted?

How did the family react to his death and how are they coping after 2 years?

And as Conrad Murray goes on trial in California, what does he really think about Michael's doctor?

In an exclusive interview for the Saturday Magazine Andrew Billen meets Jermaine Jackson at Hayvenhurst, the Jackson's family compound outside LA. It was here that Michael, Jermaine and the Jackson clan spent their youth and it was to here that the siblings retreated with their parents after Michael's death.

Speaking to Andrew, Jermaine offers a unique view of Michael as a father and a brother, his relationship with women and fights back in an attempt to counter the myths against his brother.

Don't miss the first of two exclusive extracts from Jermaine Jackson's new book - You Are Not Alone - plus a revealing interview, only in The Times and at thetimes.co.uk this Saturday. The serialisation continues in The Times, in-paper and online, next week.

SOURCE News International

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
kiti

Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times   Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:03 pm

JERMAINE JACKSON
Fam Was Ready to Help MJ Flee
If Convicted on Molestation

Jermaine Jackson says his family had a plan in place to help his brother Michael flea the country ... if MJ had been found guilty of child molestation back in 2005.

JJ told the London Times the plan was for Michael to head to Bahrain, which does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S.

He said a plane was on call to whisk Michael away if need be ... but MJ knew nothing about the plan. He says he thought the family could have convinced Michael to go along with it.

Jermaine told the paper, "If they were going to sit and crucify my brother for something that he didn't do, America deserves us not to come back here."

Back to top Go down
kiti

PostSubject: Re: Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times   Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:25 am

Jackson Family Clarifies "Plan" to Help Michael Jackson Flee U.S. if Convicted
Today 5:25 PM PDT by SIERRA MARQUINA

You know what they say, the family that stays together...makes getaways together?

Well, at least for King of Pop Michael Jackson! Or maybe not...

After telling the London Times that the musical family planned to save the artist back in 2005 if he was convicted of child molestation, brother Jermaine Jackson's rep clarifies to E! News just exactly what he meant by "plan."

RELATED: Michael Jackson Trial Is No O.J. Simpson Case

After telling the paper the game plan was for Michael to flee the country via a private jet to Bahrain, which does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S., Jermaine's rep Steve Dennis explains it wasn't meant to be taken literally.

Jermaine's rep explains: "It wasn't an actual plan, because if he was convicted, he would be handcuffed and put in jail." Adding, "It was an idea Michael was unaware of. It was supposed to be demonstrative of how desperate Jermaine was. He felt the justice system was so against Michael...He was determined to get him out, he was determined to save him from persecution [if convicted]."

MORE: Michael Jackson Gave Himself the Drugs That Killed Him, Claims Doctor Fighting Wrongful Death Suit

The family's scheme, or "plan" if you will, is further detailed in Jermaine's book, You Are Not Alone: Michael Through a Brother's Eyes (to be published this week), which includes Jermaine's explanation of what drove the family to cook up a such radical scenario: "If they were going to sit and crucify my brother for something that he didn't do, America deserves us not to come back here."

RELATED: Michael Jackson Tribute Concert's Big KISS-Off

Michael, who died in June 2009 at 50 after an overdose of the anaesthetic propofol, reportedly remained unaware of the plan as the star was found not guilty of all charges in June 2005 at the end of a four-month trial.

Back to top Go down
kiti

PostSubject: Re: Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times   Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:08 am

MICHAEL JACKSON
Lawyer Calls BS
On Jermaine Jackson

The lawyer who successfully defended Michael Jackson against child molestation charges tells TMZ ... Jermaine Jackson's claim of a plan for Michael to bolt the country if convicted would been for nothing ... because MJ never would have had the chance to flee even if he wanted to.

Tom Mesereau tells us ... Santa Barbara Police told him several years after the trial that they were extremely concerned about possible violence if MJ was convicted. Mesereau says the cops were particularity concerned about the Nation of Islam.

As a result of those concerns, Mesereau says he was told if Michael had been convicted, he would immediately have been taken into custody and helicoptered to a prison facility in Lompoc, CA.

The upshot -- there would have been no opportunity for escape.

But more fundamentally, Mesereau says Jackson never talked about fleeing and says he obeyed the law throughout the trial.

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times   Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Jermaine Jackson says “prayer and talking” made him cancel plans to smuggle Michael Jackson out of America

Michael was acquitted of all charges following a five-month trial in 2005. Over the weekend Jermaine admitted he considered flying his brother to Bahrain – which has no extradition treaty with America - during the trial as he was concerned the superstar was being set up.
Jermaine has now clarified the remarks, insisting he never said he’d help Michael escape if found guilty.
“After watching my brother being accused of something he didn’t do, [police] storming in his house, tearing up his mattress, handcuffing him for no reason, the judge telling him he’d throw him in jail if he didn’t get back from hospital at a certain time and child services clearing him from the beginning. What am I to think? Are we going to have a true trial or are they on a witch-hunt? So whether I acted rationally or irrationally I had a plan. Before the verdict… because I felt, ‘Look what they’re doing to my brother are they going to treat him fair?’ So I had a plan but then by me praying and talking I said, ‘OK let the trial go on,’” he explained on British TV show This Morning. “Before a verdict, yes that was my plan, as a brother.”
Michael died in 2009 of acute Propofol intoxication. His personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray has been charged with his manslaughter, which he denies. His trial is due to start in two weeks and Jermaine and his family are hoping it will give them closure.
Michael was preparing for his This Is It series of shows when he passed, and Jermaine knew something was wrong when he saw him rehearse.
“This is a question that we all had. I had eyes and ears in the rehearsals a lot of people didn’t see for This Is It. So I know some of the things Michael was being toxic poisoned by - Propofol - his behaviour of them putting this stuff in him…,” he explained.
Jermaine has written a book called You Are Not Alone: Michael Through a Brother’s Eyes. He hopes reading it will make people think about Michael and understand a lot of what was speculated about him was untrue.
“[The trial] is crazy for my mother. But us as a family we remember the beginnings. All this success is just an illusion. We were born to entertain but not losing the common touch as people, as human beings. All this stuff was said about Michael and it hurt him. We find ourselves coming together even more. Now Michael has passed, we’re broken and really hurt,” he said
“I defy anyone to read this book and not feel that something is not right.”

PostSubject: Re: Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times   Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson Planning More Dates At Time Of His Death
13 September 2011 06:46:11

Michael Jackson Planning More Dates At Time Of His Death

Michael Jackson was planning two more tours to follow his 'This Is It' shows at the time of his death, according to his brother Jermaine.

Michael Jackson was planning two more tours to follow his 'This Is It' shows at the time of his death, according to his brother Jermaine.
Michael Jackson was planning two more tours at the time of his death.
The 'Thriller' singer was just days away from starting his landmark 50 date 'This Is It' residency in London when he died of acute Propofol intoxication in June 2009, but his brother, Jermaine, claims he was eventually planning further performances after these shows.
In his new book, 'You Are Not Alone: Michael Through a Brother's Eyes', Jermaine writes: "After his 'This Is It' dates were done he had two more tours up his sleeve: 'Back By Popular Demand' dates that no one knew about.
"I know what Michael said in March 2009, 'When I say this is it, it really means this is it. This is the final curtain call.'
"That was his great tease. He was a master salesman too, and I the world thought the that London would be their last opportunity to see him perform, then they would rush to buy tickets."
Jermaine - who sung with Michael in the Jackson 5 - added he believes Michael turned to Propofol, an anesthetic reserved for sedating patients before surgery in hospitals and requiring strict controls because of his nerves over performing at the 'This Is It' shows.
He added: "It didn't surprise me that his insomnia was returning in the run-up to his London dates because of the unimaginable pressure to which he was subjected, most of it self-imposed.
"He was his own biggest rival in the relentless drive to be perfect in the great comeback he'd envisaged."

wildchic

PostSubject: Re: Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times   Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 2:32 am

Michael died of toxic poisoning, says Jermaine Jackson

London, Sep 17 (IANS) Singer Jermaine Jackson claims his late brother and King of Pop Michael was 'toxically poisoned'.
Jermaine has revealed the extent of his brother's health woes in his new book, 'You Are Not Alone: Michael, Through a Brother's Eyes'.
'There were some days that weren't good days... Just imagine you're trusting your doctors and you're getting ready to do a show... You just put a $15 million payment on a home, you have a five-year plan ...and suddenly you're having these symptoms,' Dailystar.co.uk quoted Jermaine as saying.
'Half of your body is hot, half is ice cold, you're repeating yourself, you're going left when you should go right onstage,' Jermaine added.
Michael had never had these symptoms in the past. These were signs of toxic poisoning in his system, Jermaine added.
Michael Jackson died from an overdose of anaesthetic Propofol in June, 2009.

Back to top Go down
susan

susan

PostSubject: Re: Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times   Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:00 am

Jermaine Jackson: In New Book Denies Father’s Abuse But Michael was “Terrified of Him”

There’s not much fact in Jermaine Jackson‘s newest attempt to cash in on his late brother Michael. His book, “You Are Not Alone,” reads like a compendium of fictions and half-truths to anyone who’s reported anything about Michael Jackson over the last 20 years. It’s so far from reality that Jermaine defends his father while citing his abuse; still argues that Michael’s kids are his biologically; and basically excises the people closest to Michael like his personal assistant Evvy Tavasci and surrogate family, the Cascios.

This is largely because Michael didn’t have much to do with Jermaine after his 1991 recording, called “Word to the Badd.” Jermaine was jettisoned from Michael’s life. And yet, the older brother would continue to try and get back into Michael’s inner circle, playing on his vulnerabilities.

“You Are Not Alone” contains at least one anti-Semitic reference and is full of inaccuracies. It’s hard to believe, really, that a reputable publisher (Simon & Schuster) did no fact checking on “You Are Not Alone.” The anti-Semitic part is not a surprise. Jermaine is happy to go into details of his life as a Muslim, his following of Louis Farrakhan, and his introduction of the Nation of Islam into Michael’s life. Ironically, it’s NOI bodyguards who don’t let Jermaine in to see Michael in Las Vegas.

It’s Jermaine’s description of Joseph Jackson’s original business partner, Richard Aarons, that says it all. Jermaine writes of Aarons: “A short Jewish lawyer who always wore suits arrived on the scene.” There’s only other passing mention of the “short Jewish lawyer” in Jermaine’s book. But it was Aarons who partnered with Joseph Jackson, brought the Jackson 5 to Motown, and made the deals. For a long time, their company was called Jackson-Aarons. It was Aarons to whom many of the Jackson kids turned when their father was abusing them.

Jermaine does give credit, however, to their tutor, Rose Fine, also Jewish, also pointed out in case we didn’t get it.
None of this is terribly shocking. It was Michael who wrote and sang in “They Don’t Care About Us”: “Jew me. sue me…kick me, kike me…”

Otherwise., “You Are Not Alone” is quite a fanciful read. Jermaine basically absolves his father of all wrong doing, and says Michael misunderstood his “abuse.” It was just Joseph trying to keep the kids away from gangs. So he beat them. Jermaine dismisses all press reports of Joseph’s violence. But I can tell you that between Joseph’s own admissions and those of past employees–even Katherine Jackson on “Oprah”– none of what Jermaine says is true. This is sad.

Jermaine is wrong about so many things–about Michael’s manager Frank Dileo, and about how the “This Is It” concerts were originally conceived. He says that Michael’s manager in 2008, the non doctor Tohme Tohme, came up with the idea. In fact, it was Randy Phillips of AEG Live, in 2007, who first told me he’d approached Michael to play a series of dates at London’s O2 Arena. And it was not AEG that brought in Dileo and John Branca during the 2009 rehearsals. Michael happily brought Frank Dileo back, and Dileo brought back Branca. If anyone was unhappy, it was Jermaine–he was cut out again.

What Jermaine does reveal: that he and his wife Halima (there’s no mention of Jermaine’s second wife, Alejandra, mother of two of his children, and mother of two children with brother Randy–that whole episode of spousal sharing is absent) found Tohme and introduced him to Michael in 2008. In an interview I did with Tohme in 2009, the faux doctor made it seem like he’d been friends with Michael and the Jacksons for years. In fact Jermaine says he and Halima heard about him from mutual friends in Gabon, Africa in 2008. Later Jermaine is shocked when Tohme turns against him and tries to auction off all the possessions from Neverland without authority.

But you can only feel sorry for Jermaine Jackson. He rationalizes his father’s abuse while detailing beatings and violence, including the use of “switches.” He confirms that “over time, Randy and Janet got to know what the belt felt like, mainly for disobedience.” Jermaine admits “There is no denying that Michael was terrified of our father.” But in the same breath, Jermaine writes: “If he [Joseph] had truly abused us, we wouldn’t still be speaking to him…” I would counter that Michael was not speaking to his father at the time of his death, and would be mortified to see how Joseph Jackson has since behaved.
That Jermaine lives in denial is most evident when he writes about his own relationship with Michael.. Jermaine wrote and recorded a song called “Word to the Badd” in the 90s as a rebuke to Michael’s scandal-ridden life style.

Now he blames LA Reid and Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds for allowing out a “leaked” version that Jermaine never intended. The result was a sit down with Michael and their parents. Of course, in Jermaine’s version, Michael forgives him and the brothers become closer. And so “You Are Not Alone” becomes a fantasy.

Thanks all of you for sharing.

susan

PostSubject: Re: Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times   Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Jermaine Jackson on Q
On September 28, 2011 9:32 AM

First aired on Q (26/9/11)

Jermaine Jackson says he just wants to set the record straight about his superstar younger brother, pop icon Michael Jackson. The man known as the "King of Pop" died two years ago, but his life is back in the headlines, thanks to the trial of his personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, on charges related to his death.

Speaking from his home in Los Angeles, Jermaine told Q host Jian Ghomeshi that his new book, You Are Not Alone: Michael, Through a Brother's Eyes, was motivated by his desire to "document the truth and let it be known to the world as to who he was and who we are as a family."

Jermaine feels that the media coverage of his famous sibling, particularly during Michael's 2005 trial for child molestation, has created damaging misconceptions. He described it as "a witch hunt," and pointed out that Michael was acquitted.

Jermaine devotes part of You Are Not Alone to a description of growing up in Gary, Indiana, before the group of singing siblings shot to stardom as the Jackson 5. He describes the younger Michael as "a prankster," and said that he never lost a certain childlike quality. "He wanted to be the kid next door," he said. But Michael hadn't been able to have a regular childhood, because of the group's fame.

Jermaine also defends his father, Joseph, from accusations that he was a feared figure in the family. "We were kids in an area where there were drugs and gangs and shootings right on our doorstep," Jermaine explained. "And my father didn't want us involved in that."

As for the trial of Dr. Murray, Jermaine said: "We hope it gives us the answers to the questions we've had."

PostSubject: Re: Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times   Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times Empty

Back to top Go down

Jermaine Jackson's New Book - You are Not Alone - Serialised Exclusively in The Times
Page 1 of 1