Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Admin
Admin
Scarlet Admin

Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 Empty
PostSubject: Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011    Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:50 pm

October 6, 2011
Will we hear Conrad Murray's voice in court today?
Posted: 09:56 AM ET

For the first time during this trial we could hear from Dr. Conrad Murray himself today. It's possible the full two-hour interview police conducted with him two days after Michael Jackson's death will play for the jury. Considering we have heard virtually NOTHING from Conrad Murray during this trial this evidence should be gripping. Los Angeles Police Det. Orlando Martinez, the man who conducted that interview, will likely take the stand as well.

First up however will be continuing testimony from Elissa Fleak, the L.A. County Coroner's office investigator. During her testimony yesterday, she identified numerous vials and bottles of medications laid out by the prosecutors to demonstrate the myriad of drugs that were found in and around Michael Jackson's bedroom.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://lisamarieandmichael.forumotion.com
Scarlet Admin
Admin
Scarlet Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011    Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Drugs from Michael Jackson's bedroom cover courtroom table
By Alan Duke, CNN
October 6, 2011

Editor's note: Tune in to HLN for full coverage and analysis of the Conrad Murray trial and watch live, as it happens, on CNN.com/live and CNN's mobile apps.
Los Angeles (CNN) -- Dr. Christopher Rogers, the pathologist who conducted the autopsy on Michael Jackson and ruled his death a homicide, could testify Thursday in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray.

Jurors should also soon hear the two-hour interview Dr. Murray gave to police two days after Jackson's June 25, 2009, death of what the coroner concluded was the result of "acute propofol intoxication" in combination with sedatives.
Los Angeles Police Det. Orlando Martinez, who questioned Murray, is expected to testify Thursday or Friday that Murray told him he had been administering propofol to Jackson regularly for two months to help him sleep.

Los Angeles County Coroner's investigator Elissa Fleak, who testified Wednesday about what she found in Jackson's bedroom, will return to the witness stand to complete her testimony Thursday, the eighth day of the trial.
Jackson tapes a 'risk' for prosecution? Coroner: No obvious cause of death Sales rep says Murray raised 'red flag'
Deputy District Attorney David Walgren covered a table with drug vials and medical paraphernalia taken in Fleak's searches, a visual display of Murray's in-home treatment of Jackson.

Fleak identified a saline bag that was cut open and an empty 100 ml propofol bottle inside. The prosecution alleges Murray used it as a makeshift IV drip to administer propofol to Jackson. The defense contends Murray gave Jackson just 25 ml of the drug and used a syringe to push it in.
Twelve bottles of the surgical anesthetic propofol were found in the bedroom during her first search the day Jackson died, including an empty vial found on the floor next to the bed, Fleak said.

Seven bottles of medications were on a nightstand next to the bed, including one with lorazepam pills prescribed by Murray to Jackson.
Murray's defense lawyers say Jackson caused his own death by swallowing eight lorazepam pills and orally ingesting propofol while Murray was out of the room.
Although crucial to prove that Murray is criminally responsible for the pop icon's death, Thursday's forensic testimony is not likely to match Wednesday's emotional drama when jurors heard Jackson's slurred voice telling his doctor "I hurt, you know, I hurt."

A photograph of Jackson lying dead on a hospital gurney was later projected onto a large screen in the courtroom, a vivid reminder to jurors of why they will listen to a least a month of testimony.
While the court camera feed focused on the disturbing image for just five seconds -- the result of a earlier decision to minimize public exposure to such shocking images -- it was displayed on a large screen in front of the jury for about two minutes.

Forensic computer expert Stephen Marx, who found the audio file on Murray's iPhone, said it was recorded on May 10, 2009, when Jackson was preparing for his "This Is It" concerts set for London two months later.
Prosecutors, who played a clip of the stunning audio in their opening statement last week, let the jury hear the entire recording in Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial Wednesday.
"Elvis didn't do it. Beatles didn't do it. We have to be phenomenal," Jackson said. "When people leave this show, when people leave my show, I want them to say, 'I've never seen nothing like this in my life. Go. Go. I've never seen nothing like this. Go. It's amazing. He's the greatest entertainer in the world.' I'm taking that money, a million children, children's hospital, the biggest in the world, Michael Jackson Children's Hospital. Going to have a movie theater, game room."

In the portion never before heard in court, Jackson talked about his life and concern for children:
"Children are depressed. The -- in those hospitals, no game room, no movie theater. They're sick because they're depressed. Their mind is depressing them. I want to give them that. I care about them, them angels. God wants me to do it. God wants me to do it. I'm going to do it, Conrad."
Another voice, which the prosecutor said was Murray's, is heard saying, "I know you would."

"Don't have enough hope, no more hope," Jackson said. "That's the next generation that's going to save our planet, starting with -- we'll talk about it. United States, Europe, Prague, my babies. They walk around with no mother. They drop them off, they leave -- a psychological degradation of that. They reach out to me: 'Please take me with you.'"
At the end, Jackson said he was "going to do that for them."
"That will be remembered more than my performances. My performances will be up there helping my children and always be my dream. I love them. I love them because I didn't have a childhood. I had no childhood. I feel their pain. I feel their hurt. I can deal with it. 'Heal the World,' 'We Are the World,' 'Will You Be There,' 'The Lost Children.' These are the songs I've written because I hurt, you know, I hurt."

At the end, Jackson told the doctor, "I am asleep."
His brother Jermaine Jackson wiped tears from his eyes as he listened in court.
Prosecutor Walgren said in his opening statement that Jackson was "highly under the influences of unknown agents" when Murray recorded Jackson.
Another recording found on Murray's phone and played in court Wednesday was a voice mail from Frank Dileo, who was Jackson's last manager.
Dileo's message to Murray, left five days before Jackson's death, suggested that he "get a blood test" from Jackson because "we've got to see what he's doing."
He referred to "an episode" Jackson had at a rehearsal the night before. "He's sick," Dileo said.

Concert producer Kenny Ortega testified about Jackson's illness in the first day of the trial, which he wrote about in an e-mail sent about the same time Dileo was leaving his phone message.
"He appeared quite weak and fatigued this evening," Ortega wrote. "He had a terrible case of the chills, was trembling, rambling and obsessing. Everything in me says he should be psychologically evaluated."
Murray's iPhone also contained e-mail attachments that appeared to be Jackson's medical records sent by Murray's office assistant to the doctor, who was gathering them for a British insurance agent who was arranging cancellation insurance for Jackson's London concerts.

The insurers were concerned about news reports that Jackson was seen "at various times using a wheelchair" and that he suffered a back injury, lupus, emphysema and cancer, according to an e-mail from the agent to the doctor.
Jackson refused to authorize the release of his medical records to the insurance company, Murray wrote back, but he added concerning the news reports of illnesses "let me say they're all fallacious to the best of my knowledge."
One record shown in court, kept under the alias "Omar Arnold," indicated that in September 2008, Murray diagnosed Jackson with insomnia and anxiety. It showed he treated him with valium and Xanax.
Files from the phone suggest Murray was dealing with the insurance agent's request around the same time he said he was struggling to help Jackson go to sleep with sedatives.

The prosecution wants to show jurors that Murray was distracted by a long list of phone calls and e-mails, causing him to neglect Jackson, who stopped breathing and died.
Prosecutors argue that Murray, who was Jackson's personal doctor as he prepared for planned comeback concerts, is criminally responsible for the singer's death because of medical negligence and his reckless use of the propofol to help Jackson sleep.
If convicted of involuntary manslaughter, Murray could spend four years in a California prison and lose his medical license.

sam

PostSubject: Re: Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011    Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:46 pm

DR. CONRAD MURRAY TRIAL
Cue Up the Doc
[Livestream]

Time ran out yesterday ... but today, jurors could finally hear Dr. Conrad Murray tell HIS side of the story ... when prosecutors play audio of the interview he gave to LAPD investigators just two days after Michael Jackson died.

But first, the jury will hear more from coroner investigator Elissa Fleak -- who claims she found a small pharmacy in Jackson's bedroom after his death.

They're making their way to the key cop in the investigation -- Orlando Martinez -- who headed up the investigation and probably knows more about the case than anybody.

Back to top Go down
sam

PostSubject: Re: Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011    Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Prosecutors to call expert to help explain drugs Michael Jackson doctor bought, used

October 6, 5:22 PM

LOS ANGELES — The bottles of medicine were lined up in two jagged rows on the edge of the prosecution table at the end of the seventh day of the trial against the doctor charged in connection with Michael Jackson’s death.

After days of hearing about the drugs — propofol, lidocaine, lorazepam and others — there they were, in the faces of the jurors who will decide the fate of Dr. Conrad Murray. The Houston-based cardiologist has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.

( no / Associated Press ) - Drugs found in the home of pop star Michael Jackson by Los Angeles County coroner investigator Elissa Fleak sit on the prosecution’s table after being introduced as evidence during Dr. Conrad Murray’s trial in the death of Jackson in Los Angeles, Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2011.

Prosecutors will work Thursday to begin explaining the interaction between the drugs to the panel of seven men and five women and how they led to the pop superstar’s death. Deputy District Attorney David Walgren told a judge he would call a toxicology expert and a coroner’s investigator to testify on Thursday.

It took Walgren more than an hour to arrange and explain the bottles with the help of a coroner’s investigator, pulling many of the bottles from a bag marked “Baby Essentials.”

The drug display came a couple hours after Walgren played a more than four-minute recording of a rambling, slurring Jackson found on Murray’s cell phone just six weeks before the singer died in June 2009.

In the call, Jackson is heard telling Murray he planned to use proceeds from his comeback concerts to build a world-class children’s hospital. After saying he hoped the patients would be spared some of the pain of his own life, Jackson’s voice is heard at the end of the recording, mumbling ominously, “I am asleep.”

Authorities contend a combination of the drugs, the anesthetic propofol and other sedatives, killed Jackson after Murray administered them. Defense attorneys have an alternate theory — the King of Pop gave himself the fatal dose when the cardiologist left the singer’s bedroom.

Many of the medications were found on the third search of Jackson’s mansion, two days after Murray spoke with detectives about the treatments of propofol and other medications to try to help the entertainer sleep. Coroner’s investigator Elissa Fleak catalogued the items, including an empty vial of propofol found on the initial search of Jackson’s bedroom, and her testimony Wednesday led to the drug lineup.

It was a visual display of what jurors had been told for days — in the weeks before Jackson’s death, he had been receiving shipments of medications in California, where his only patient was the singer.

Prosecutors appear to be in the final stages of their case, calling the investigators who pieced together the timeline of Murray’s actions on Jackson’s final day. Some of the remaining witnesses will explain how that happened; others will be brought in to explain exactly how Jackson died and try to support the prosecution assertion that Murray was reckless and distracted while giving Jackson propofol, an anesthetic intended for use in hospital settings.

Walgren played a portion of the May 10, 2009 recording of an impaired Jackson speaking with Murray during opening statements last week. The segment focused on the singer’s ambition to top all other entertainers, but the audio played Wednesday revealed both the singer’s plans for the future and his past pain.

“That will be remembered more than my performances,” he says. “My performances will be up there helping my children and always be my dream. I love them. I love them because I didn’t have a childhood ... I feel their pain. I feel their hurt. I can deal with it.”

Back to top Go down
Scarlet Admin
Admin
Scarlet Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011    Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Prosecutors focus on drugs in Jackson's home
Lawyers plan to explain how medications led to singer's death

LOS ANGELES — Prosecutors will focus Thursday on the multitude of drugs found in Michael Jackson's home — propofol, lidocaine, lorazepam and others — as they try to convince a jury that Dr. Conrad Murray is guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the pop singer's death.
The Houston-based cardiologist insists he is not.
Prosecutors will begin explaining the interaction between the drugs to the jury of seven men and five women and how they led to the pop superstar's death. Deputy District Attorney David Walgren has said he is calling a toxicology expert and a coroner's investigator to testify.

Scarlet Admin
Admin
Scarlet Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011    Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Jackson death: Conrad Murray lawyer accuses investigator of errors
October 6

Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 6a00d8341c630a53ef014e8c11c977970d-600wi

A defense attorney in Dr. Conrad Murray's trial on Thursday accused the lead coroner's office investigator of making numerous mistakes in the investigation of Michael Jackson’s death, including leaving her fingerprint on a key piece of evidence.

During an occasionally testy cross-examination, the lawyer for Jackson's physician suggested that the investigator, Elissa Fleak, was sloppy in collecting evidence and writing a report the medical examiner relied on in reaching his conclusion that the death was a homicide.

Conrad Murray witnesses: Who's who

“Would you agree that you made a substantial number of mistakes?” attorney Ed Chernoff asked.

“No,” Fleak replied.

She acknowledged she couldn’t explain how her thumbprint got on a syringe on Jackson's nightstand.

“I typically wear gloves. I always wear gloves at crime scenes,” she said under questioning by a prosecutor.

The syringe is one of several pieces of medical equipment both sides are trying to fit into their separate theories of Jackson's death.
Prosecutors have said Murray caused Jackson's death by using the surgical anesthetic propofol as an insomnia treatment.

The defense claims that when the doctor wasn't looking, Jackson dosed himself with propofol and a handful of sedatives.

Chernoff grilled the investigator about revisions she made earlier this year to her 2009 report on Jackson's death, changes he implied were designed to corroborate the testimony of a key prosecution witness.

That witness, Alberto Alvarez, testified that he helped Murray gather up medical evidence, including an IV bag containing a bottle of propofol.

“In fact, the very first time that you noted there was a propofol bottle in an IV bag was the 29th of March 2011,” Chernoff said to Fleak.

She agreed but said she had never talked to prosecutors about their witnesses.

Asked what she knew about Alvarez's account, she said she had not been watching the trial "regularly" and had only learned his name recently: "I believe it was two days ago."

The defense attorney pressed her on the location of a pair of latex gloves, which she had written in her report were on the floor near Jackson's bed. Chernoff showed her a photo of the floor without the gloves.

Fleak insisted they were on the floor but outside camera range.

"Are you as sure about that as you are about the propofol bottle inside the bag?" Chernoff asked.

"Yes," she said.

He then showed her another photo. "What does that look like in the chair?" he asked.

"Gloves," Fleak answered.

"Do you consider that a mistake?" he continued.

"No," she said.

Under further questioning by a prosecutor, Fleak defended her work.

"Have you done your best to be as truthful and accurate as far as the role you played in this case, the observations you made and the items you recovered," Deputy Dist. Atty. David Walgren asked.

"Yes," she said.

Murray, 58, faces a maximum sentence of four years in prison if convicted of involuntary manslaughter. His trial is in its second week and is expected to conclude later this month.

Scarlet Admin
Admin
Scarlet Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011    Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Conrad Murray Trial, Day 8: Defense Tries to Rattle Coroner Investigator (Live Feed)

Thu Oct 6, 2011 7:33am EDT
Update: 10:38 a.m.

Los Angeles County Coroner's investigator Elissa Fleak has been on the witness stand all morning, as Murray defense attorney Ed Chernoff has been aggressively questioning her in an attempt to poke holes in her investigation tactics.

Fleak (pictured), who examined Michael Jackson's bedroom and body after his death, testified that she destroys her investigation notes after she uses them to write her official reports, as a matter of practice. She destroyed notes from her June 29 investigation, but didn't destroy notes from a second trip to investigate Jackson's house on June 29.

She said she kept the notes from June 29 only because the necessity of a second trip to an investigation scene was unusual. But Chernoff tried to use it as an opening to question her consistency.

Chernoff: "Would you agree with me that you made a substantial number of mistakes in investigating this case?"

Fleak: "No."

It was inevitable, and HLN's morning coverage has provided another pair of trial catchphrases:

"Chernoff has become a turn-off," HLN commentator Michael Barnes' description of Chernoff's aggressive approach to questioning Fleak; and, in regards to the color of the liquid medication in the IV bag found in Jackson's bedroom -- which, unlike propofol, was clear instead of milky-colored -- an HLN viewer suggested the defense team should deploy, "If the bag is not milky, my client is not guilty."

Chernoff also called into question whiy Fleak did not mention an IV bag with tubing coming out of it hanging from an IV stand in her initial report, and questioned why Fleak had not photographed a propofol bottle inside of a saline bag, as she said that she had found it. (Fleak replied that she took the bottle out of the bag to determine its contents, then photographed the two items together.)

On cross-examination, Fleak admitted to prosecutors that no investigation is without its flaws.

"Did you conduct a perfect investigation in this case?" defense asked.

"No," Fleak replied.

"Have you ever conducted a perfect crime-scene investigation [in the Jackson case]?" defense asked.

"No," Fleak replied.

Previously …

The doctor who performed Michael Jackson's autopsy and ruled his death a homicide, Dr. Christopher Rogers, is among the potential witnesses in the eighth day of the Conrad Murray involuntary manslaughter trial today.

CNN reports that Los Angeles police detective Orlando Martinez, who interviewed Murray after Michael Jackson's June 25, 2009 death, could also take the witness stand. Murray told Martinez that he had been administering propofol to Jackson for two months as a sleep aid, and jurors may finally hear the recording of the two-hour interview Martinez conducted with Murray.

Read more: Conrad Murray Trial, Day 7: Coroner Investigator Reveals Singer's Drug Stash -- and Urine Jug -- Update 4

Rogers, a pathologist, ruled that Jackson died of "acute propofol intoxication," and that sedatives were also a factor. Prosecutors contend Murray is criminally liable for Jackson's death because he recklessly administered the propofol, a potent surgical anesthetic drug, and was negligent in properly monitoring Jackson.

Today's proceedings will begin with the continuing testimony of a coroner's office investigator who discovered drug and medical paraphernalia in Michael Jackson's bedroom after his death. They covered a table in the courtroom on Wednesday.

Los Angeles County Coroner's investigator Elissa Fleak testified Wednesday that in Jackson's bedroom she found a jug of urine, 12 bottles of propofol (including an empty vial next to Jackson's bed), seven bottles of other medication (including lorazepam pills prescribed to Jackson by Murray) and a saline bag that had been cut open and contained an empty 100 ml propofol bottle inside.

Read more: Conrad Murray Trial: Defense Faces Uphill Battle in Week 2

Prosecutors contend Murray used the bag as a DIY IV drip to administer the propofol to Jackson; the defense counters Murray gave Jackson just 25 ml of propofol via syringe.

Murray's defense also argues that Jackson caused his own death by taking lorazepam and swallowing propofol when Murray was out of his bedroom.

Wednesday's proceedings also included prosecutors' attempt to make an emotional impact on jurors by playing the audio of a phone conversation between Jackson and Murray, as Jackson was preparing for the series of London concerts he hoped would spark a career comeback.

During the disturbing conversation, recorded by Murray and retrieved by a forensics investigator from Murray's iPhone, Jackson slurred so much that a transcript had to be used.

On the recording, the singer told Murray he wanted to use the concerts to raise money to open a children's hospital bearing his name, and that he was motivated by the fact that he felt he didn't have a proper childhood.

"That will be remembered more than my performances," Jackson said. "My performances will be up there helping my children and always be my dream. I love them. I love them because I didn't have a childhood. I had no childhood. I feel their pain. I feel their hurt. I can deal with it. 'Heal the World,' 'We Are the World,' 'Will You Be There,' 'The Lost Children' … These are the songs I've written because I hurt, you know, I hurt."

Read more: Juror Questionnaire for Conrad Murray Trial Rife With Drug and Celebrity-Related Questions

Murray's iPhone also included a voicemail from the late Frank DiLeo, Jackson's then-manager, who died in August.

DiLeo had asked Murray to test Jackson's blood, after the singer had "an episode" in a concert rehearsal the previous day.

On the opening day of the Murray trial, "High School Musical" director Kenny Ortega, who was producing Jackson's London concerts, testified that he had also expressed concern to Murray about Jackson's health.

In an email to Murray, Ortega wrote: "He appeared quite weak and fatigued this evening. He had a terrible case of the chills, was trembling, rambling and obsessing. Everything in me says he should be psychologically evaluated."

Murray's phone also contained evidence of a British insurance company's request for Jackson's medical records, after various news reports had suggested Jackson was in very poor health.

Scarlet Admin
Admin
Scarlet Admin

PostSubject: Re: Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011    Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:47 pm

People’s 168 – Toxicology Report

ross

PostSubject: Re: Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011    Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Michael Jackson trial: Conrad Murray defence argues coroner 'mistakes'
Published Thursday, Oct 6

Conrad Murray's defence team have accused the coroner's office investigator of making "substantial mistakes" following the death of Michael Jackson.

In the latest day of Murray's ongoing manslaughter trial in Los Angeles, investigator Elissa Fleak was called to the stand by Murray's lawyers.

Fleak identified pieces of evidence collected at the scene, and testified that Murray's medical records for Jackson did not include any information about the day he died or the three months before.

Murray's attorney Ed Chernoff focused on irregularities in Fleak's records. He noted that her first notes did not mention a propofol bottle in an IV bag, but her later notes did. She also apparently did not take a photograph of the bottle before removing it from the bag.

Chernoff also mentioned how Fleak had removed another bottle of medication before photographing it, and had left fingerprints on a syringe.

Prosecutor David Walgren later asked Fleak if she had ever completed a 'perfect' investigation, to which she answered that she hadn't.

On Wednesday, the jury heard more audio of Jackson talking to Murray in the weeks prior to his death.

The trial is scheduled to continue for another five weeks and Murray could face up to four years in prison if found guilty.

Listen to the slurred Michael Jackson audio from Wednesday - via CNN - below:

PostSubject: Re: Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011    Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011  	 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conrad Murray's trial/ Day 10-06-2011
Page 1 of 1