Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Murray's documentary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ross

Murray's documentary Empty
PostSubject: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:52 pm

DR. MURRAY
Tell-All Documentary
Reveals Shocking Secrets

TMZ has obtained an excerpt of a never-before-seen documentary starring Dr. Conrad Murray -- in which the good doc reveals some very intimate details about the singer ... some of which are not flattering.

The documentary -- titled, "Michael Jackson and The Doctor: A Fatal Friendship" -- was shot while Murray awaited trial for manslaughter ... and features a shockingly candid look at the preparation of the trial, which includes intense fighting between Murray's lawyers.

The movie is being distributed by a company called Zodiak Rights ... which says it's already pre-sold the rights to air the documentary to "major broadcasters around the world."

Sources tell TMZ ... NBC is one of the broadcasters ... and will air the doc in the United States.

As for Dr. Murray -- he signed on to the project back in 2009, following MJ's death. It's unclear how much cash Murray is set to make from the movie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:54 pm

NBC, Nine Network, C4 Rush to Air Conrad Murray Documentary

NBC, MSNBC, Australian broadcaster Nine Network and UK net Channel 4 are among the broadcasters that will rush to air a documentary boasting exclusive access to Dr Conrad Murray (pictured), who was today convicted for the involuntary manslaughter of late singer Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship (1 x 50-minutes) and an accompanying exclusive news interview with Murray (1 x 15-minutes) have both been produced by UK indie October Films, in association with What’s It All About? Productions.
The documentary, from director Tom Roberts, promises to explore “the surreal world inhabited by Jackson in the last three months of his life,” while also examining “his fatal friendship with the doctor he handpicked to care for himself and his children.”
The two companies secured exclusive access to Murray in November 2009, prior to him being charged, and “filmed with Dr Murray throughout the intervening two years and have continued to record with him during the trial,” according to Zodiak Rights, which is handling distribution and pre-sales for the project.
Jane Millichip, executive producer for Zodiak Rights, said: “The combination of unique access and first-rate filmmaking make this documentary and news interview truly landmark television. The collaboration of MSNBC, NBC, Nine Network and Channel 4 has been vital in delivering this great piece of television.”
Nine Network in Australia is slated to be first off the block, airing the documentary this coming Thursday (November 10), while MSNBC in the U.S. will air the documentary a day later (November 11), at 10 p.m. EST and again on Sunday (November 13) at 9 p.m. EST. Channel 4 in the UK will also transmit later this week.

Zodiak said it has brought on board more than 10 more international broadcasters who will swiftly follow with their transmissions.
The exclusive news interview with Murray was conducted by UK-based journalist Steve Hewlett on Sunday, October 30, and is billed as the only interview Murray will conduct.

Adam Bullmore, executive producer for October Films, said: “Made with remarkable levels of access and complete editorial independence, we believe this film was the most complete and accurate story of what really happened to Michael Jackson and Conrad Murray on June 25, 2009, and why.”

The news comes after a jury today found the Texas physician, who administered a powerful surgical anesthetic to Michael Jackson hours before his death in 2009, guilty of involuntary manslaughter following a six-week trial. Murray now faces up to four years in prison and the suspension of his medical license.

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Dr. Conrad Murray Tells His Side in Documentary
"Michael Jackson and the Doctor" airs on MSNBC on Friday

Although Dr. Conrad Murray decided not to testify in his own behalf in his just-completed trial for involuntary manslaughter, he made a deal months ago to tell his story in a documentary that examines his role in the death of Michael Jackson.

Conrad Murray Trial: Testimony Timeline, Who's Who, Juror Profiles

The documentary, entitled "Michael Jackson and the Doctor," will air on Friday on MSNBC. It was produced by Zodiak Rights, a company that signed the doctor to do the documentary shortly after Jackson died in 2009.

The documentary crew had exclusive access to Murray and his defense team both as they prepared for the trial and during the court proceedings.

In the film, Murray claimed Jackson begged him for the drug propofol, which the singer called his "milk." Propofol is normally only administered in a hospital setting and a key reason the doctor was put on trial.

"[Jackson] could not sleep. Have you ever seen the 'Thriller' image? He looked that hysterical," Murray said.

The doctor also described the chaos inside Jackson's bedroom when the superstar was discovered not breathing.

"I told security to get the kids away from there. Get the kids away from there, because I did not want them to see their father getting CPR," Murray said.

Murray also claimed he took immediate control of the situation when it became apparent that Jackson was in grave danger. He said he gave orders to Jackson's bodyguards.

He described doing CPR and asking for help, telling the guards to call 911.

During the trial, prosecutors claimed Murray waited a half hour before calling 911 in order to cover up how he had been treating his celebrity patient.

In the documentary, he disputed this, becoming emotional as he recalled the scene.

"In addition to me doing CPR, chest compressions and trying to resuscitate this patient, I'm controlling him [the body guard] on the 911 call. 'How old is the patient? Fifty. Get over here. I need you. Come on. Help me,'" Murray said.

Murray also compared his childhood to Jackson's, saying both had fathers who were controlling, and noted, "I think in many ways, there were mirror images of our lives."

He also described the kind of pain he believed Jackson suffered in his life.

"He lived a life greater than a hundred years of pain," he said.

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:18 pm

MJ ESTATE SLAMS MSNBC
'Disgusted' by Decision
to Air Murray Documentary

The Michael Jackson Estate is lashing out at MSNBC -- saying it's "disgusted" with the network for planning to air the Conrad Murray documentary this weekend.

The Estate issued a statement ... saying, "Like so many of Michael’s fans, the Estate is also disgusted by MSNBC’s irresponsible and inexplicable decision to air a Conrad Murray 'documentary.'"

The statement continued, "The Co-Executors, John Branca and John McClain, are sending a letter to the top executives at Comcast, NBC Universal and MSNBC to express their disdain for their actions."

The MJ fans are predictably up in arms as well -- in fact, the group, "Justice 4 MJ" is trying to organize a global boycott of the documentary, "Michael Jackson and The Doctor: A Fatal Friendship" ... saying, "The only documentary we want to see is the one of Murray enjoying prison life."

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Michael Jackson: Jermaine Jackson talks Conrad Murray documentary

The fans of Michael Jackson are reacting to the news that there will be a Conrad Murray documentary that will air on Friday on MSNBC. Conrad Murray was on trial for the past six weeks, and the jury found the doctor guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson. According to a new update made via Twitter, Jermaine Jackson addressed the news, and shared his thoughts.

Jermaine Jackson wrote of the Conrad Murray trial that is set to air on MSNBC on Friday: "I hear all upset/frustrations re Murray doc. It's shameless & sickens me too, but I choose not to give it attention/controversy it craves." He then added: "We've bigger battles to fight than against the meaningless words of a liar whose version of events was unanimously rejected by a jury."

The Conrad Murray documentary allegedly was filmed before the trial, as well as during the trial. The news of the documentary airing was announced this week.

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Michael Jackson's estate demands MSNBC ax Conrad Murray documentary

Executors for the estate of Michael Jackson demanded Wednesday that MSNBC drop its plan to air a "reprehensible" documentary that promises a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the singer's relationship with Dr. Conrad Murray, but which they charged smears the late pop icon.

In a letter to MSNBC President Phil Griffin and the cable channel's corporate overseers, the Jackson representatives argued that Murray, convicted Monday of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death, uses the documentary "to shift the blame post-conviction to Michael Jackson, even though a jury considered the evidence and rejected this very argument."

MSNBC purchased "Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship" from a British production company and plans to air it Friday and Monday night, along with an "exclusive" interview with Murray by NBC News correspondent Savannah Guthrie.

DOCUMENTS: Read the Jackson estate letter to MSNBC

A Los Angeles Superior Court jury convicted Murray for administering propofol, a surgical anesthetic, to Jackson and then failing to monitor the pop star as he stopped breathing.

MSNBC representatives had said earlier that the cable channel did not pay for access to Murray or contribute to his legal defense.

The producer of the documentary, October Films, said it paid only $1 for two years of access to Murray and a behind-the-scenes look at his legal defense.

Representatives of MSNBC and October Films said they did not know what arrangements might have been made by the film's distributor, Zodiak Rights. Zodiak representatives could not be reached.

The Jackson family representatives questioned whether additional payments were made to Murray.

"Was it really only $1, or was it more?" said a letter from John Branca and John McClain, who are co-executors of the Michael Jackson estate.

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Michael Jackson: La Toya Jackson talks Conrad Murray documentary

The Conrad Murray trial lasted for six weeks, and Monday, it officially came to an end. The jury found Conrad Murray guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson. It is clear that the world watched as the verdict was read. Conrad Murray however continues to make headlines. According to reports, MSNBC will air the Conrad Murray documentary on Friday, and many are upset by the news. La Toya Jackson has taken to Twitter, and has shared her thoughts on the news.

La Toya Jackson took to her official Twitter account and wrote of the upcoming documentary: "@JacksonSource @Jackson_Legacy @andjustice4some #MJFAM I've been speaking 2 Legal since yes2day 2 C how we can prevent this from being aired."

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Conrad Murray - NBC Today Show Interview - Part 1 - Aired 11-10-2011

Savannah: Michael Jackson was one of the most beloved entertainers in this country, around the world. what is like to be blamed for his death ?

Murray: Well I love Michael too. I'm as much of a fan as any of the others. To be blamed for his death has not been an easy thing.

(Voice over) Murray first met Michael Jackson during a house call in Las Vegas at 2006 and then saw him on and off from that point forward.

(Video of TII announcement)

(Voice over) When Jackson agreed to a comeback tour in 2009, he wanted his own full time doctor with him and the concert promoter agreed to hire Jackson's pick Dr. Murray for a salary of $150,000 a month.

Savannah: Do you now wish that you never met Michael Jackson?

Murray: (I don't want to?) put blame on Michael as an individual. I'm not sure I regret that I meet Michael, I only wish maybe in our dealings with each other he was more forthcoming and honest to tell me things about himself.

Savannah: You think he lied to you?

Murray: Definitely.

Savannah: About what?

Murray : Well certainly he was deceptive by not sharing with me his whole medical history, the doctors he was seeing, the treatments he might have been receiving.

(video of Walgren at trial talking about medicines)

(Voice over) In court prosecutors laid out dozens of prescription bottles found in Michael Jackson's home days after his death. A pharmacopia of pain killers, anti depressants and anti anxiety medications.

Savannah: Did you really not know he had an addiction problem?

Murray : Absolutely not. did not have a clue.

Savannah: But wait a minute, you knew he was seeing other doctors. on bedside there are all these prescriptions with other doctors names on it.

Murray : I cannot prevent Michael from seeing other doctor for whatever reason.

Savannah: When he hired you, you must have realized the main reason he hired you was to give him this drug Propofol.

Murray: No. Not at all.

Savannah: But when he hired you full time one of the first actions you took was to start buying Propofol and sending it to California.

Murray : Absolutely that's not correct. First of all I met Michael with Propofol. This was not something that I introduced to Michael.

(voice over) In fact Murray was hired in March 2009 and between April and June of that year prosecutors say he ordered 255 vials of Propofol adding up to more than 4 gallons for Jackson's personal use.

(video of security footage)

(voice over) For 2 months Jackson came home late at night for rehearsals and Dr. Murray's work day began. Setting up Michael with an IV in his bedroom, administering Propofol to help him sleep.

Savannah: To you there's still nothing wrong with giving Propofol in a home setting?

Murray: I think Propofol is not recommended to be given in a home setting but it's not contraindicated.

Savannah: Was it wrong for you to give it in the conditions in which you gave it to Michael Jackson?

Murray: I look at Mike's condition but Michael - not as giving it but trying to find a method to take away something from him that I felt he should not be using on his own.

Savannah: but why didn't you just walk away?

Murray: I should have walked away but if also I walked away I would have abandoned a friend.

(voice over) Dr. Murray claims he was weaning Jackson off the drug.

Savannah: Why should anyone believe that after 60 days of administering Propofol that suddenly in those last few days you decided to stop giving him Propofol? Why should anyone believe that?

Murray: Well I tell you what. That happened. 3 days towards his death he was weaned off and I was success- I was extremely happy. because I finally received the state I wanted. The state was Michael away from Propofol.

(voice over) Whatever his state was that night, at trial one of the most shocking pieces of evidence showed Michael Jackson in early May under the influence of something

(partial audio of May 10 recording)

(voice over) The slurred voice of Michael Jackson 6 weeks before his death in a recording police found out on Conrad Murray's iPhone.

Savannah: What was the purpose of recording him in that state?

Murray : It was incidentally recorded.

Savannah: You mean an accident?

Murray: Yeah it was an accident.

Savannah: When did you find out that it had been recorded?

Murray: In court.

Savannah: During the opening statements?

Murray: H-hmm.

(another part of May 10 recording is played)

Murray : I ask him a question "Are you okay?" , I'm heard saying that to Michael. Then he says yes and then the next thing I heard is that he says "I'm asleep".

Savannah: Was he on Propofol?

Murray : He was.

(footage from TII movie)

(Voice over) Although he desperately wanted that comeback, Michael Jackson's days was numbered and Dr. Murray was the last person to ever to see Michael Jackson alive.

Savannah: How much pressure did you feel to get him to sleep?

Murray : Tremendous, tremendous. It was like nothing that I had ever encountered.

Savannah: You are the last person to see him or talk to him before he died. What was he like in those final hours?

Murray: A desperate man. Desperate.

Savannah : Are you the cause of Michael Jackson's death?

Murray: No. I'm not.

Savannah: Do you remember his final words before he died?

Murray: (thinks for a while) It was probably - I don't know - Probably when he was pleading and begging me to please please let him have some milk because that was the only thing that would work.

Tomorrow he'll answer : why he didn't call 911 right away, why he didn't tell paramedics that he had given Propofol and how long was he really out of the room.

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:25 pm

Michael Jackson's Friend Raffles van Exel Calls for NBC To Cancel Dr. Conrad Murray Documentary
Long time friend and confidant to Michael Jackson Questions NBC Universal for Airing Documentary.

Hollywood, California (PRWEB) November 10, 2011

Raffles van Exel, Founder & CEO of Raffles Entertainment, and long time friend of Michael Jackson, joins Michael Jackson's sister La Toya Jackson, colleague Jack Wishna, Michael Jackson's Estate, and fans of Michael Jackson's in calling for NBC Universal and MSNBC to drop the documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor - A Fatal Friendship" that's set to air Friday, November 11, 2011.

"Michael Jackson was a tragic victim of a homicide. Michael's life was taken from him by Dr. Conrad Murray. A jury of his peers convicted Dr. Murray of Involuntary Manslaughter on November 7, 2011. During the trial, Conrad Murray had the chance to defend himself and tell his side of the story. Murray chose not to, which was his right." States Raffles van Exel. "However, it is troubling that Murray would give an interview to NBC while a court mandated gag order was in effect. Adding insult to injury, according to a report published by Radaronline.com, NBC Universal allegedly paid over 300,000.00 for the documentary that is set to air shortly. My friend, Michael Jackson can no longer defend himself against any accusations. What's being done is deplorable."

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor issued a gag order in the Trial of Dr. Conrad Murray on September 30, 2011. The gag order strictly prohibited Dr. Conrad Murray, his lawyers and anyone associated with the case to speak with media outlets. Dr. Conrad Murray conducted an interview with NBC News Correspondent Savannah Guthrie during the Involuntary Manslaughter trial.
MSNBC plans to air "Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship" on Friday, November 11th, 2011 and Monday November 14th 2011.

"I have remained silent regarding the circumstances surrounding Michael Jackson's death. But with MSNBC's decision to air this questionable documentary, I must speak out for my friend whose voice was forever silenced on June 25, 2009. I stand with the fans of Michael Jackson, whom Michael called his Army of Love." States Raffles van Exel. "These fans are requesting NBC Universal and MSNBC not to air this documentary. I ask all of Michael Jackson's friends and family to join me in support of Michael's fans and fan clubs in their pursuit of media fairness and responsibility for Michael Jackson."

About Raffles van Exel
Raffles van Exel, CEO of Raffles Entertainment, LLC, is a highly respected entertainment consultant having guided some of the world’s most acclaimed executives and celebrities: Actor Quinton Aaron from the smash hit The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock, Soul-Funk icon Chaka Khan, Peter Lamas CEO and founder of peterlamas.com, "Skin Diva" Christine Heathman of glymedplus.com, the late King of Pop Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Patti LaBelle, Lance Bass (Founding member of iconic pop group, N'Sync), Flavor Flav of the iconic rap group Public Enemy and of the "Flavor of Love" fame, George Benson, and the late Ray Charles. Raffles van Exel has produced for The Queen of Salsa - the late and great Celia Cruz, funk pioneer George Clinton, Sisqo, Nick Cannon, Howie Dorough (Founding member of Grammy nominated group, The Backstreet Boys), rap icon and actor Ice-T, and a host of other artists.

Dr. Conrad Murray Cardiologist and personal physician. Dr. Conrad Murray was born February 19, 1953, in St. Andrews, Grenada. Michael Jackson hired him as a personal physician for his 2009 concert tour entitled, "This Is It." On June 25, 2009, Jackson died of acute propofol intoxication. Conrad Murray was charged with Involuntary Manslaughter in 2010. The lone charge was filed by the Los Angeles District Attorney's office in the Superior Court of California, Los Angeles. Case number: SA073164, Murray was found guilty of the involuntary manslaughter of Michael Jackson on November 7, 2011. He was remanded to custody without bail to await sentencing. Sentencing will take place on November 29, 2011.

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:28 pm

November 11, 2011 8:04

Dr Conrad Murray says drugs that he gave Michael Jackson were 'inconsequential' Physician claims that the propofol he administered to singer 'was not an issue'

Dr Conrad Murray has claimed that the drugs he gave to Michael Jackson before his death were "inconsequential".

In an interview for the documentary Michael Jackson And The Doctor: A Fatal Friendship, the physician revealed that he had not told paramedics attending to the singer that he had given him propofol as he thought it "was not an issue".

Murray, who was convicted of the involuntary manslaughter of the late King of Pop earlier this week, had denied that he had given Jackson a fatal overdose of the powerful sedative propofol.

However, according to the BBC, when asked why he did not tell anyone he had given the singer the drug, he claimed it was because the dosage was "inconsequential" before adding:

Because it had no effect. It was not an issue.
In reference to the amount of the sedative he'd given to Jackson, meanwhile, he said :"Twenty-five milligrams and the effect's gone - means nothing."

He also defended his actions in not attempting to wake the singer when he thought he had fallen asleep as he "was not supposed to be monitoring him at that time because there was no need for monitoring".

Murray said: "When I looked at a man who was all night deprived of sleep, who was desperate for sleep and finally is getting some sleep, am I gonna sit over him, sit around him, tug on his feet, do anything unusual to wake him up? No."

Earlier this week, the executors of Michael Jackson's estate urged MSNBC to drop the documentary from their schedule.

They issued a statement which read: "Like so many of Michael's fans, the Estate is also disgusted by MSNBC's irresponsible and inexplicable decision to air a Conrad Murray 'documentary'."

Meanwhile, Murray has been placed on suicide watch in prison, following his conviction.

The 58-year-old physician is expected to face up to four years in prison and lose his license to practise medicine when he is sentenced on November 29.

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:30 pm

11 November 2011
Michael Jackson doctor Conrad Murray gives TV interview

Dr Murray was speaking to Steve Hewlett for a Channel 4 documentary, The Man Who Killed Michael Jackson, which aired on Thursday night
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Doctor guilty over Jackson death
The trial of Dr Conrad Murray
Profile: Dr Conrad Murray
Dr Conrad Murray, who was convicted of the involuntary manslaughter of Michael Jackson, has defended his actions in a television interview.

Speaking to Channel 4, he maintained he had been trying to wean Jackson off propofol before the star's death.

But Dr Murray admitted it had been "really stupid" and "careless" not to keep notes of his treatment.

"Was this a mistake? Absolutely," he said. "But the absence of notes was not responsible for his death."

Dr Murray did not give evidence during his six-week trial, which ended on Monday when a jury ruled he had given Jackson a fatal overdose of propofol.

He spoke to journalist Steve Hewlett eight days before the verdict as part of a documentary called The Man Who Killed Michael Jackson.

The pop star's family have complained about the programme, which is due to be screened in the US next week. under the title Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship.

The executors of the pop star's estate said Murray was getting a primetime platform to smear Jackson's reputation without fear of cross-examination, and demanded that the screening be cancelled.

"Like so many of Michael's fans, the estate is... disgusted by MSNBC's irresponsible and inexplicable decision to air a Conrad Murray 'documentary'," it said.

Intervention

Asked about Jackson's use of propofol, Dr Murray said: "I did not recommend it. I would never have recommended propofol to Mr Jackson".

"He needed to get rid of it and resume a more normal state of sleep."

Using an analogy to explain his actions, he told Mr Hewlett: "If I came to your house and you were a friend of mine and unexpectedly I saw you with a gun in your hand, I can do one of two things and maybe succeed.

"I can tell you stop it and you might listen to me, or I might take hours to get you to hand over that gun. So I would say, basically, it took me a while to take away from Michael something I thought he should not use."

Describing the night when Jackson died, Dr Murray accounted for his actions in the one hour and 40 minutes between administering propofol and the emergency services being called.

He said he had sat with Jackson, checking his vital signs until he believed the effects of the sedative had worn off, before moving to an adjacent room at 11:20 am.

"If you say: 'Dr Murray, that was really stupid, you should have had a look,' then I agree," he said.

Dr Murray added that he had not informed police or the ambulance crew that Jackson had taken the drug because "they never asked me" and "I did not think it was important".

His comments echoed a similar interview given to the US breakfast television show Today earlier this week.

"I think propofol is not recommended to be given in the home setting," Dr Murray said during the interview.

"But it is not contraindicated."

In court, the defence argued that Jackson was a drug addict who caused his own death by giving himself an extra dose of propofol while the cardiologist was out of the room at the star's rented Los Angeles mansion.

Murray told Today's Savannah Guthrie he had not been distracted by phone calls, emails and text messages.

"When I looked at a man who was all night deprived of sleep, who was desperate for sleep and finally is getting some sleep, am I gonna sit over him, sit around him, tug on his feet, do anything unusual to wake him up? No," Murray said.

Asked if he was right to leave Jackson alone, he replied: "Had I known what I know today in retrospect, that Mr Jackson was an addict - and he had shared that information with me - addicts may behave in a way that is unreasonable and you may consider it."

Dr Murray, 58, is due to be sentenced on 29 November and could receive a maximum prison term of four years and lose his licence to practice medicine.

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Conrad Murray on 'Today': 'Something happened when I was not in that room'

Just two days after Dr. Conrad Murray was declared guilty in Michael Jackson’s June 2009 death, the Today show has released a preview of a sitdown between Murray and correspondent Savannah Guthrie. Guthrie’s chat with Murray — filmed before the verdict was handed down — will air in two parts on Thursday and Friday morning in advance of a two-hour special Michael Jackson and the Doctor, which Murray filmed with U.K. Broadcaster Steve Hewlett in November 2009, before he was charged in Jackson’s death. The documentary features behind-the-scenes footage of Murray’s defense team as well as a particularly unsettling set of photos of Jackson’s disordered home. In his Today interview, the doctor steadfastly maintained his innocence, essentially blaming Jackson’s addiction for the singer’s death. See exactly what Murray had to say and watch the full preview after the jump.

When asked if he thought Jackson had self-injected the fatal dose, Murray said with a coy smile, “What do you think?” He added, “Something happened when I was not in that room.” Without explicitly blaming Jackson, he insisted, “Nothing that I gave Michael should have ended his life.”

In the earlier filmed documentary, not yet bitter about his fate, Murray portrays himself as a helper to the reclusive Jackson, a life coach of sorts. He claims he urged Jackson to clean his home and express his emotions: “I told him, ‘It’s okay to cry, Michael. It’s okay.’

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:35 pm

DR. MURRAY DEFENDS ACTIONS
I Didn't Kill Michael Jackson!

Dr. Conrad Murray says he doesn't feel guilty about the death of Michael Jackson ... insisting, "I didn't do anything wrong."

The "Today" show is finally airing an intense sit-down interview with Murray that was conducted before the guilty verdict was handed down in his manslaughter case.

During the interview, Murray COMPLETELY CONTRADICTS the story he told police about what he was doing when Michael Jackson was dying on June 25, 2009.

Murray told NBC, he put MJ to sleep that fateful day ... and left the room to talk on the phone, because he didn't want to wake Michael up.

But when Murray spoke with cops, he told them a different story -- that he left the room to use the restroom ... and he was only gone for two minutes.

Murray's admission seems to change the timeline -- the NBC report says Murray was outside talking on the phone for "far longer than the two minutes he acknowledged."

When asked if he regretted leaving the room that day, Murray thought about his answer and replied, "I regret that Michael has passed."

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Dr. Murray says Michael Jackson deceived him
By Alan Duke, CNN
November 11, 2011

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's last words were a plea for more propofol, "because that was the only thing" that would put him to sleep, Dr. Conrad Murray said in an interview aired on NBC's "Today" show Thursday.
Days after Murray declined to testify in his own defense at his involuntary manslaughter trial, he granted an interview with NBC, the same broadcast company that bought a documentary about Murray and Jackson.
NBC has not revealed any financial terms of its deal to secure the exclusive interview with Jackson's doctor, which it said was recorded in the "waning days of the case," despite a judge's order to Murray that he not speak to reporters.
Murray told NBC that he had no regrets about meeting Jackson two years before his death.

Jermaine Jackson speaks out on verdict Murray 'confident' he'll win appeal Murray trial and patient responsibility
"I only wish that maybe in our dealings with each other he was more forthcoming and honest to tell me things about himself," he said.
Jackson, who hired Murray to be his personal physician as he prepared for his comeback tour, lied to him, Murray said.
"Well, certainly he was deceptive by not sharing with me his whole medical history, doctors he was seeing, treatment that he might have been receiving," he said.

He denied knowing that Jackson had an addiction problem, which his defense lawyers said contributed to the pop star's death. "Absolutely not," he said. "I did not have a clue."
The Los Angeles County coroner ruled that Jackson's June 25, 2009, death was caused by an overdose of the surgical anesthetic propofol combined with two sedatives.

A jury concluded that Murray was criminally responsible for the death, which prosecutors argued was caused by the doctor's reckless use of propofol in his home to treat the singer's insomnia.
In hindsight, Murray said, he knows that he should have refused the job when he realized Jackson was demanding propofol infusions every night. "But if I had walked away, I would have abandoned a friend," he said.
He repeated what he told detectives two days after Jackson's death: He was trying to wean him off propofol in his final days.
"Three days towards his death, he was weaned off and I was extremely happy because I had finally achieved the state I wanted," Murray said. "The state was Michael away from propofol."
His last morning, he said, Jackson was "a desperate man, desperate."
The NBC interview asked about the last thing Murray heard Jackson say.

"It was probably when he was pleading and begging me to please, please let him have some 'milk,' because that was the only thing that would work," he said. Jackson's nickname for propofol was "milk," according to trial testimony.
Murray explained a mystery that arose during his trial: the audio recording of Jackson using slurred speech that investigators found on the doctor's iPhone.

"It was incidentally recorded," Murray said. "It was an accident." He insisted he did not realize the recording existed until he heard it in the prosecutor's opening presentation at the trial.
Jackson was under the influence of propofol at the time, he said.
More segments of the NBC interview will be broadcast Friday morning, including Murray's explanation for why he delayed calling 911 and why he did not tell paramedics and emergency room doctors that he had given Jackson propofol the day he died, the network said.

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:43 pm

DR. CONRAD MURRAY
Why I DIDN'T Call 911 Right Away

Dr. Conrad Murray says he didn't call 911 right away the morning Michael Jackson died because he is a "trained" cardiologist -- and he could do whatever paramedics could do.

Murray made that boastful statement during a strategy session, and appears in the documentary, "Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship" ... which first aired in the U.K. on Thursday night. However, this footage did not air in the U.S. version which aired Friday night on MSNBC.

Murray's delay in calling 911 was a key topic during his manslaughter trial -- but ultimately, his attorneys never put on any evidence to support the explanation Murray mentions in the documentary.

The doc goes on to say he would have quit working for MJ if he woke up that morning -- because Murray believes what happened to Jackson was the result of "his own hands."

PostSubject: Re: Murray's documentary   Murray's documentary Empty

Back to top Go down

Murray's documentary
Page 1 of 1