Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael Jackson's kids after his death/September 2012

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ross

Michael Jackson's kids after his death/September 2012   Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson's kids after his death/September 2012    Michael Jackson's kids after his death/September 2012   EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Michael’s Princes 'are paupers'

MICHAEL Jackson’s kids are penniless on paper — until their famous dad’s £400million estate is sorted out.

A trust fund for Prince, 15, Paris, 14, and nine-year-old Prince Michael II – known as Blanket – is empty as lawyers sift through the late singer’s debts and legal bills.
And it could be up to five years before a penny of the fortune amassed from his recordings and assets goes into the fund.

The three children are living on an allowance which is tightly controlled by estate executors and overseen by a judge.
Estate lawyer Howard Weitzman said: “The probate is still pending, and although almost all of Michael’s personal debt has been or is about to be paid in full, the estate is technically still in debt.

“Once all of the creditors’ claims, taxes and pending litigations have been resolved, the trusts will be funded per court order.”
He refused to be drawn on the size of the leftover fortune expected to flow into the trust fund.

“It’s too early to speculate on any precise number for a value. It will be a substantial number, I’m certain.”
Despite the legal wrangles, the Jackson kids have a lavish lifestyle in a gated mansion with private schooling and round-the-clock security — costing over £40,000 a month.
When the figures are settled, the Michael Jackson Family Trust will be split between his mother, Katherine Jackson, who will get half, and the three children.

As yet Katherine, the children’s guardian, has received none of the money either and the situation has caused rifts in the family, who launched a bitter battle over custody this summer.
Michael’s brothers Randy and Jermaine and sisters Janet and Rebbie took Katherine away to an Arizona spa for “health reasons” and demanded estate executors John Branca and John McClain resign, citing alleged fraud.
Paris, 14, launched a Twitter campaign to get her grandmother home and a judge temporarily stripped Katherine of guardianship.
Although they claimed they were not motivated by money, insiders say that some of the family are keen to see Katherine receive her share of the fund soon, so she can pass it on to her own children.

The source told a US paper: “To some of Katherine’s children, this is a shocking situation. They see on paper that Michael has made $600 million and cannot understand why all of it is not going to the family.
“This has been the case for a long time. They always think the worst is happening and people are taking money.”

In the long term Michael’s legacy — which includes a 50 per cent stake in The Beatles back catalogue – will make his children multi-millionaires.
They will have to wait until they are 21 to get access to their fortune.
They will then receive lump sums at ages 30, 35 and 40.
Wietzman said: “Multiple millions of dollars from (estate) earnings have been spent for the children and for Mrs. Jackson as well.”

Katherine Jackson’s lawyer Perry Sanders is carrying out an audit of the estate’s earnings.
He said: “My audit is being done to see the details of where the money is coming from and where it is going.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Michael Jackson's kids after his death/September 2012   Empty
PostSubject: Paris Jackson shares late father Michael's geeky hobby... as she spends day at comic book convention with her brothers   Michael Jackson's kids after his death/September 2012   EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Paris Jackson shares late father Michael's geeky hobby... as she spends day at comic book convention with her brothers

Paris Jackson revealed her inner-geek after enjoying a day out with her brothers at a Los Angeles comic convention.
The 14-year-old daughter of late pop icon Michael Jackson stepped out in a yellow top and denim hot pants as she attended Stan Lee's Comikaze event on Sunsday.

Flanked by a crew that were the filming the family during their day out, Paris seemed happy as she walked through the bustling crowds at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Comic book fans, games and zombie enthusiasts descended on the pop culture event over the weekend for the annual festival, which is now in its second year and has been re-branded Stan Lee's Comikaze after the comic book creator became a business partner following last year's success.

While Paris and her older brother Prince Michael didn't dress up for the occasion, ten-year-old Blanket got into the spirit of things by wearing a red T-shirt featuring several Marvel comics characters that Lee created, including Spider-Man and The Hulk.

The Jackson children inherited their comic book loving side from their father.
Michael was a huge comic book fan and purchased a host of geek goodies, including life-size statues of Spider-Man, Superman and Batman, as well as vintage X-Men and Marvel Vs Capcom arcade machines.
The King of Pop also struck up a friendship with Stan Lee in his failed bid to buy the screen rights of Spider-Man.

Lee recounted their meeting in a 2009 interview with MTV: 'I had been to his place in Neverland ... and he wanted to do Spider-Man. I'm not sure whether he just wanted to produce it or wanted to play the role, you know? Our conversation never got that far along.

'He thought I'd be the one who could get him the rights and I told him I couldn't, he would have to go to the Marvel company. But we did become friendly... and he was a great guy.'
Paris has also inherited her dad's acting desires.
In a new interview with Glamour, she says she's desperate to be an actress and has the backing of her Aunt La Toya.
Paris said: 'She really does encourage me; it’s just awesome of her. I love my dad, and I’m proud to be his daughter.
'I just don’t think the title ‘M.J.’s daughter’ fits me. A lot of people think he’s the only reason I’m making it, but I want to show that I do have talent and that I can make it if I try. I want to be my own person.'

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson's kids after his death/September 2012
Page 1 of 1