Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lisa Marie Presley's secret past selling fish and chips from a mobile van

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ross

Lisa Marie Presley's secret past selling fish and chips from a mobile van Empty
PostSubject: Lisa Marie Presley's secret past selling fish and chips from a mobile van   Lisa Marie Presley's secret past selling fish and chips from a mobile van EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:45 am

'She'd have never been able to do that in LA': Lisa Marie Presley's secret past selling fish and chips from a mobile van

She's the daughter of late music legend Elvis Presley, and has led a life of wealth and privilege.
But Lisa Marie Presley has been hiding a secret former job... selling fish and chips from a mobile van in East Sussex.
Since the 44-year-old singer moved into a £9million home in the village of Rotherfield back in 2010, it's fair to say she has fully immersed herself into local life.
And she was so keen to learn about the British way of life that she swapped Hollywood for haddock and spent a day serving up fish and chips to locals.
Kim Scales, owner of Mr Chippy and landlady of village pub The King's Arms, told MailOnline: 'It was when she first moved to the village about two years ago. She is really interested in who people are and wanted to know all about our lives and how we live.
'We own the pub and a mobile fish and chip van, but she said she'd never heard of anything like it, and said she wanted to work on it.
'She got on there with her son, but we were all laughing because not one of the locals realised who it was. She served one local double fishcake and chips and he didn't have a clue that she was Elvis Presley's daughter.'
Lisa Marie is said to be a huge fan of traditional English food, and loves nothing more than fish and chips and a pint of Guinness in The King's Arms.
Mrs Scales added: 'She loves fish and chips and drinks and eats in the pub all the time. She's partial to a pint of Guinness, too!
'It was nice for her to have that normal experience. She'd have never been able to do that in LA. She doesn't come down here all glammed up, she's just herself and always mingles with the locals in the pub.'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Working hard: Lisa Marie was serving up fish and chips alongside her 19-year-old son Benjamin and van owner Justin Scales

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

However, if the star is eyeing up a full-time job at the chip van, she could be in for a disappointment.

Asked if she would employ Lisa Marie, Mrs Scales joked to MailOnline: 'No way! She got the fish all upside down and was totally cack-handed.'
Despite her glamorous upbringings, the singer is said to enjoy an evening down at the pub, enjoying the culinary delights of its restaurant and locally-sourced organic pork.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Scarlet Admin

Lisa Marie Presley's secret past selling fish and chips from a mobile van Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley's secret past selling fish and chips from a mobile van   Lisa Marie Presley's secret past selling fish and chips from a mobile van EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 2:22 am

he Queen of Rock and Sole
Elvis daughter Lisa Marie Presley works at chippy

ELVIS Presley’s daughter has got customers All Shook Up after landing a job – at a mobile FISH & CHIP shop.
Lisa Marie Presley – the only child of Elvis and Priscilla – is often seen clad in an apron wrapping up people’s cod and chips in her pal's distinctive Mr. Chippy van.
The 44-year-old singer and her husband Michael Lockwood regularly serve customers, despite living in a £9million mansion nearby in the quiet English village of Rotherfield, East Sussex

Justin and Kim Scales, who run the business and the King’s Arms pub, say Lisa Marie and her husband "love helping out".
The four became pals after Lisa Marie and her hubby kept popping into the pub for a pint and a game of darts after moving to the UK two years ago.
Kim said: “Lisa likes to see how we live and experience it. We were laughing because the customers didn’t know it was her. She really enjoyed it.
“Her rich neighbours are confused that she wants to come to the pub. If they go out, they go to fine dining restaurants but Lisa and her husband say they don’t know what they are missing.
“When she is in the pub people treat her normally. It’s not a big deal, everyone has got used to her. She’s really friendly.”

One local said: “It’s amazing when you go for a pint and see Elvis Presley’s daughter sitting there drinking a pint of Guinness.
“What’s even more amazing is that she’s standing in a van serving up fish and chips to people - who would ever have thought that?
“The King of Rock and Roll’s daughter doling out portions of cod and chips to villagers in England.”
Lisa Marie recently said she loved living in the UK and was happy to have left behind “self-absorbed” Californians.
She said: “I lived in the same neighbourhood for 17 years and I didn’t even know a neighbour.
“When I moved here I was getting notes and flowers. That’s what I love about it. It’s simple, it’s not flash, it was a quality of life I needed.
“I can honestly say I am the only person who came to England for the weather. I love the cold and the rain.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://lisamarieandmichael.forumotion.com

Lisa Marie Presley's secret past selling fish and chips from a mobile van
Page 1 of 1